Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: does anybody else believe in reincarnation?

does anybody else believe in reincarnation?

I'm wondering if anybody else out there believes in reincarnation and has ever thought there could be a way to retrieve memories of past lives? Or if it would be a sin to try?

In Judaism, many Jews (especially religious ones) believe that Jewish souls are reincarnated and we pray for forgiveness not just for sins in this life but in previous lives. It's not as clear if goyim souls are reincarnated or not. I know the other western religions, Christianity and Islam, largely do not believe in reincarnation, but eastern and pagan religions do (or might - don't want to speak too confidently about religions i'm not too familiar with).

I've always accepted it without thought for most of my life, but have read some stories on people who have produced memories from past lives (hard to say if they are true or not). Some of these stories include people who were able to reproduce facts from someone's life in the past that would be hard for someone to know if they were not around at the time.

Just curious what other people believe about reincarnation and if you believe in it, what your thoughs are on if it's possible to remember past lives?

b'shalom,
    Sean

they put you in a box , bury ya , over.
    oh well

Nope, dont believe in reincarnation.
    Have a question for you tho, You said you have heard stories of those who claim they are from past lives. They tell you a story that would be hard for someone to know if they were not around at the time. Who is there, that was around at that time they give, to claim its a true story or not?

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Robynbird569
    Nope, dont believe in reincarnation.
    Have a question for you tho, You said you have heard stories of those who claim they are from past lives. They tell you a story that would be hard for someone to know if they were not around at the time. Who is there, that was around at that time they give, to claim its a true story or not?
    I can't say the are lying or being truthful either way. But here is a hypothetical example:

Let's say I'm a 19 year old guy from Phoenix (or any random city, doesn't matter). I'm just a normal college sophomore, likes to party, play sports, etc. I start having dreams about maybe being in a court room setting a lot. As the dreams go on, you remember other details ...maybe of the cars being from the 60s, maybe I remember it snowing sometimes (obviously not Phoenix then), or I start dreaming about family members. Finally, enough pieces come together and you remember that you were a lawyer in Boston in your previous gigul (past life). Since you remember names, you can remember who your famliy was (some of whom might still be living) and tell them your stories. I saw it on Unsolved Mysteries, so of course it could be totally fabricated (but why 2 parties lie about it on tv in front of everybody? i don't know). But it makes me wonder, since I do believe in reincarnation, if it is indeed possible to have memories of past lives.

Seems likely as heaven (or hell) must be awfully dang crowded if not. I have dejavu a lot as if I've been myself before. Maybe I just keep doing it wrong and having to start over.

I guess we will never know till we meet our maker, then all our questions will be answered. But I still dont believe in reincarnation, you do, I respect that.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

I've always wondered about reincarnation...

If your future life as some other organism is based on how you have lived your previous life, then how is it that your first life came about seeing that it obviously can't have been based on how you lived your previous life?

Just curious.

I believe in a form of reincarnation.

I believe that everyone starts or started life as a man. If you live that
    life as a good man, then you will be reincarnated as a man in your next
    life.

But, if you are a bad man, then you're reincarnated as a woman in your
    next life as punishment for being a bad man.

If you are a good woman, then maybe you will be a man in your next
    life. But if you're a bad woman, then you'll either be reincarnated
    as a woman again or worse, you'll come back as an animal, depending
    on how evil you were.

A lot of people don't believe this and sometimes feel offended. But it's
    not my fault that all the women in the world were bad men in their
    past lives.

Remember to be a good woman and you'll be rewarded as a man in your next life.

Tibetan Buddhists believe in reincarnation, but there is no blame assigned for things that might have happened in a previous existence. There is a belief that when we meet people who do us a great kindness it is because we have a connection from that previous life, and that we were kind to them in that existence. This is true regardless of species, as all sentinent beings are seen as existing in their own right, which is why there are such strong prohibitions against the taking of a life. The reverse would be equally true, if someone is unkind you had a difficult relationship before, but there is a chance to improve ones merit by treating that person with dignity and respect no matter how he might treat you. Karmic debt is not seen as a punishment as much as it is an opportunity to do things differently in this incarnation and gain merit accordingly. Tenzin Gyatso (His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama) is believed to be the reincarnation of his predecessor. When he was just a toddler he correctly chose the eyeglasses, a drinking cup, and a walking stick that belonged to the 13th Dalai Lama. This is in spite of being presented with several choices in each category, some of which would be more appealing to a child than the actual objects that were worn or broken. He replied they were his. There were other indications that also supported his choice as the reincarnated Dalai Lama.

Buck, you and Adi need to get a room somewhere.........