Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 164

Thread: The Earth is older than 6000 years

  1. #91

    you silly sinners

    God PUT all those fossils there...so you would be tempted into believing something different than I and George Bush and DA are telling you!

  2. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    2,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    You repeatedly miss or choose to overlook that a "scientific reality" has been tested to be able to predict outcomes in specific situations better than any other perdictive hypothesis; all scientific realities have this specific predictive quality/ability - if they fail they must be either modified and further tested or rejected. If they are rejected they are no longer part of the body of what is held to be scientific reality.

    In religion NOTHING IS TESTABLE or if it is IT FAILS. I'm not talking about the vague or general here but specific predictive testability. Watch the bouncing ball - PAY ATTENTION!
    “Must” be modified and further tested or rejected? Now who’s being naïve. You cling to this science fallacy like a security blanket. Do you really believe that this process hasn’t been co-opted in the past or isn’t being co-opted as we speak?

    Ok, you want something specific; how about human-caused, global warming. Blood pressure starting to rise yet? We can certainly agree that there is a global climate event taking place right now that includes a component of warming. But humans absolutely caused it? That’s emotional speculation masquerading as science fact.

    So, we now have the high priest of global warming touring around the globe with movies, slideshows, and rock bands, “raising awareness.” Is that a science term? The guy isn’t even a scientist; he just plays one for the crowds. Everybody is so lathered up into a frenzy about the impending doom, that we supposedly brought upon ourselves, that no one is listening to the members of the science community who are warning against this rush past theory into the realm of dogmatic, absolute truth. Do you even believe that there “are” highly qualified scientists that oppose the idea of human-caused, global warming? The whole thing reminds me of one of those preachers who travels around with their tent show and music in order to get gullible rubes to abandon logic for emotion.

    Admit it Juke, your scientific process has been short circuited, maybe even terminated, when it comes to the science of climate change. How many other times has this happened, especially lately. I’ll bet you can think of some if you can keep your faith in science from clouding you logic. (hint: the millennium bug and the bird flu pandemic)

    Yes science can and does include dogma; it always has. But without the honesty to recognize this truth, science cannot move forward.

    Have you bought your carbon offsets yet? Yea, that’ll do it. Man, that’s good scientific logic.

    ...you know...if old farts would stop farting so much we could save the ozone layer.
    Last edited by ala; 11-13-2007 at 04:39 PM.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    OK, the "why" is in response to:
    Because it is logically inconsistant to worship a trickster, or, correct me, do you acknowledge that the god you worship has both created many things by fiat and done it with convincing evidence that they are actually much older than the 6,000 or less years they can't be any older than, since his/your world was created at that same seminal 6,000 year ago mark.
    But you basically just said "it's logically inconsistent" because....."it's logically inconsistent." I know that you think this, so you don't have to say it again. I just want to know WHY you do.

    Before we can carry this discussion any further I've got to know you in-depth reply to these questions.
    But you didn't ask me anything?
    Last edited by hardluckhitshome; 11-13-2007 at 06:27 PM.

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    I said that it is possible that when G-d created certain things, he created them to be older than they really were. You cannot disprove that anymore than I could prove it.
    What sense would that make? That would mean God wants people to believe, yet purposely put things in place to play with the minds of people.

    There's no point in trying to prove or disprove such an argument, it's not logical for God to do that.


  5. #95
    Juke - my previous post (post 93) was majorily edited by me for some missing words. I apologize for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    What sense would that make? That would mean God wants people to believe, yet purposely put things in place to play with the minds of people.
    Maybe the science He gave us is all wrong too -- He could just be messing with our minds as we speak! ha. Why do Jews have to believe in what YOU think makes sense? Especially since we don't ask you to believe it. Just don't believe it. Jews don't care if you do or not.

    There's no point in trying to prove or disprove such an argument, it's not logical for God to do that.
    Well, I'm glad you're finally willing to concede that there is "no point" in trying to "disprove" that G-d created the world 5,768 years ago.

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    Maybe the science He gave us is all wrong too -- He could just be messing with our minds as we speak! ha.
    He's been messing with my head since the day I was paralyzed.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    Why do Jews have to believe in what YOU think makes sense?
    You don't speak for all Jews, nor do I for all Gentiles. I seriously doubt Albert Einstein would have taught God created things to seem older to confuse humanity. That's such a bogus argument when no real evidence is there to support otherwise.


  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    You don't speak for all Jews, nor do I for all Gentiles.
    Why did you say this? Who claimed so?

    I speak for the continued right of all Jews, Christians, and Muslims to teach their children creation in the privacy of their homes or faith-based schools.

    I seriously doubt Albert Einstein would have taught God created things to seem older to confuse humanity. That's such a bogus argument when no real evidence is there to support otherwise.
    So what? Why do you care if Jews believe it? We don't care if you do.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    Why did you say this?
    You asked, "Why do Jews have to believe in what YOU think makes sense?" You regularly speak as though all Jews do believe or should believe what you do.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitsome
    So what? Why do you care if Jews believe it? We don't care if you do.
    Why do you care what other Jews believe? If Goys don't have to believe, neither do Jews. Again, I seriously doubt most Jews are going around and making the argument that God created fossils to trick us.


  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    You asked, "Why do Jews have to believe in what YOU think makes sense?" You regularly speak as though all Jews do believe or should believe what you do.
    I guess I still don't see the link. What does Jews being able to believe independently of what you think makes sense have to do with me thinking that all Jews do or should believe as me?

    Why do you care what other Jews believe?
    For many reasons. All people born Jewish were present at Mt. Sinai in past lives and agreed to the covenant. It is praiseworthy to get other Jews to perform mitzvot and to take on the yoke of Torah.

    If Goys don't have to believe, neither do Jews.
    Why not?

    Again, I seriously doubt most Jews are going around and making the argument that God created fossils to trick us.
    So? Do numbers make something right or wrong?

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    I guess I still don't see the link. What does Jews being able to believe independently of what you think makes sense have to do with me thinking that all Jews do or should believe as me?
    I don't care. Everyone is free to believe independently. If anything, most Jews are Liberals and not Orthodox. It's hardly a troubling issue for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    For many reasons. All people born Jewish were present at Mt. Sinai in past lives and agreed to the covenant.
    Umm... okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    Why not?
    Jews have just as much a right to live as they believe as do Goys. It's laughable that Jews are obligated to follow laws based on some past life they don't even remember. And a rabbi you spoke to says Madonna is a nutcase? Someone's living in a glass house.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    So? Do numbers make something right or wrong?
    Not always, but reason does often prevail in the end.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 06:56 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •