Thread: artificial limb

artificial limb

this is kedar..i m 25yrs old...i m from nasik maharashtra india

i m a graphic designer now working with the software base company

2 years ago when the mumbai train bomb blast happened that time i was travelling with the same train...
    After the 2 days when i awake in the hospital i seem evevryhing is ok but when i tried to push my self i just shock when my

right leg was cutted with below the knees...that time my orthopedic surrgen has suggest me about the artificial limbs...he

told me i can walk normally with these limbs..

now after 2 yrs i m using the same limb but its not so effective which satisfaction i m looking...i cant travel so far...i can ride

my bike but when i trying to travel with train or walking some long distance its so paining...

i know its not so costly...the price of that limb is (10000rs.)

i can spend more money but i didnt found any good option

my cell no is 91+ 9922624730 (india)
    Last edited by kedar; 11-12-2007 at 05:41 AM.

Hi Kedar ..... I am moving your thread to the Care forum where you might get more response !

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

artificial limb

this is kedar.....i m from india

i m 25 yrs old

i got the amputaion for right leg...now these days i m using artificial leg but i m not satisfied with this ..so i m looking for better option

i can spend more money if the any better option found me

so plz suggest me how could i get the better option[/quote]

Kedar-
    You might try looking at a website for amputees. They would have more suggestions for people who have had an amputation.

If you are looking for a more energy efficient method to get around- it might be a wheelchair. However, I am not sure how high up your amputation was and given your age, there are probably many different options for artifical limbs.

Unfortunately, I am not an expert on amputations- however I will try to find someone who can give you some websites that may help.

CKF

artificial limb

hi

its my pleasure to meet u

yea thats right i m looking some amputees websites..which will be more useful to me.

below knees i have a amputation and now i can walk with artificial limb..the problem is what its too heavy i m looking some loose waighted limb

thx for the replay me

bye take care