Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just had my 15 year anniversary. Life is good!

Just had my 15 year anniversary. Life is good!

When I was first injured I had no idea what I would end up being able to do. I am a para at T4/5 and have found I can do most anything but it takes me a lot longer. I just wanted to pass on that life can still be very good. And now the research is coming along, very exciting! When I was first injured it looked like I would be long gone before there was help.

Anyways, over the years I have bought a horse and took lessons. I boarded for awhile and then met my wife. We bought a small hobby farm and I had my horses here. After my daughter was born we sold the horses and now I like to track my Corvette at Road America.

If anyone would like any videos of transfers, ask any questions, or whatever, ask away. I'm friendly!

Andrew

Last edited by SoulScream; 11-06-2007 at 05:24 PM.

congrats, and welcome to cc

Thank you!

Why is my image tag showing above?

Wonderful!

Life is not only good after a spinal cord injury but life is beautiful.

Life is precious.

Enjoy every minute of it while you have it.

titanium4motion

Welcome Andrew! Do you miss the horses at all? I know I would!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    Welcome Andrew! Do you miss the horses at all? I know I would!
    Yes I do! My dog and horse were my friends for a long time, and they helped me get around. I taught my dog to pull me and of course riding the horse. Now I am thinking I will get a four wheeler. If I have enough pasture land when I move, I may get a horse or two again just to look at and to be a pet.

I would love to see a video of how you transfer in a out of a corvette. I know my husband would be interested. He loves vettes.

Blessings to you, Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by ginamarie
    I would love to see a video of how you transfer in a out of a corvette. I know my husband would be interested. He loves vettes.
    I can take one soon, would he want to see putting the chair in there too? Mine is an '88, they are fun cars! I really enjoy how easy it is to take pictures and video now a days. I used to have to scan images, now it's so easy to just transfer them to the computer and upload.

Sure, show him the whole thing if you can! That would be great. My husband had an '84 for many years. We sold it after he was injured but I know that he would love another if he thought that he could get in and out by himself.