Thread: Hands freeze at night!

Hands freeze at night!

Ok, it's back again - it happens every winter! Both arms and hands absolutely FREEZE all night long! During the day, when I do get cold, it's my arms, hands, and feet, but at night my feet are fine, but arms and hands are like ICE!! It's so bad that I sleep with a heating pad to keep them warm.

If it's poor circulation, why don't my legs and feet get that cold at night? The circulation in them is worse than in my arms! I just can't figure it out!

What's going on?
    Tina
    C5-C7 Walking Quad - Very Incomplete
    Aug '03

Something I imagine a lot of us quads share. This is why I despise the cold so much!! My hands and arms to the elbows freeze every night. Haven't found a way to fight it so I'll wear long sleeves a lot.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    Something I imagine a lot of us quads share. This is why I despise the cold so much!! My hands and arms to the elbows freeze every night. Haven't found a way to fight it so I'll wear long sleeves a lot.
    Yep long john season.I don't like it anymore.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

I just piss linda off by trying to warm up to her but the coldness does not seem to last that long after i notice it, usually in bed..but there are those days when she takes me out in the car and my hands get cold and hurt..I just don't say any thing because I know it is me..

I used to have the same problem, so I started taking a Vitamin B Complex. I still get really, really cold sometimes, but it's not nearly as bad.

I find my blood pressure drops a bit when I lay down ... so yeah the cold comes on. I'll start out with a bedspread, two acrylic blankets and flannel. By the time I wake up I'm boiling .. lol. Sometimes being curled on my side, instead of flat on my back, tends to conserve my warmth too .. buried right under the covers halfway over my head.

If I'm really cold and pathetic sounding (lol), David will run one of my blankets in the dryer on high heat for a few minutes and it's just absolute Heaven when he tucks me in! (For others not paying attention that was Tuck .. with a T ).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BC...en_by_Internet

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff

Sleeping with a heating pad does help. I sleep on my side, so I put it in between my hands and arms. I'm thinking about getting an electric blanket, but that might make me too hot all over.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one, but I still wonder why it's just the hands and arms.
    Tina
    C5-C7 Walking Quad - Very Incomplete
    Aug '03

Heck yeah my arms freeze first, long sleeve shirts year round.

I have a cervical pillow that is filled with buckwheat hulls, made to go in the microwave for about 90 seconds or so. When it comes out it is all toasty and warm, and helps keep my arms and hands warm until I can drift off to sleep. I like it better than electric versions because there is no fear of getting burned.

HI,

Many people notice the hands feeling colder moreso than the lower extremities, possibly due to better sensation. I agree with the above suggestions, however, especially if you are diabetic, you hsould not leave a heating pad on for long periods and visually check the hands frequently.

AAD