Thread: Itunes song to Non-Ipod mp3 player?

Itunes song to Non-Ipod mp3 player?

Oh man. I have a non-Ipod because I resent Apple LOL. Today I remembered why. My son was so sure I could buy songs on Itunes for my SanDisk. I bought them, couldn't transfer and play. Had to burn to CD, rip to mp3, THEN transfer.

Is this all necessary? Is there an Itunes type store for the non-Apple users? (we number in the thousa...er the hundr...er TWELVE!!)

Amazon music is DRM free. I believe that Wal-Mart also has music downloads. Those are the only two stores that I can think of for MP3 music downloads.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

well....if you want to download music without buying it....I use Limewire for most of my music downloads...my cousin hates apple(and she runs a Mac Lab for work...lol) so therefore her mp3 player is NOT an iPod either...she uses limewire for her music downloads to her mp3 player w/out trouble...I think she uses windows media player to transfer them into..

ETA:you can also buy mp3's through bestbuy.com...I got a buncha free ones last year on black friday...never used 'em they're misplaced in my room somewhere...lol
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

OMH ugh Walmart LOL. Would you believe they actually censor albums? As a Kid Rock fan (Love me some white trash on occasion ) and GNR lover, that's been a big problem for me. The first KR cd I bought was from Walmart, and it made no sense! CLC burnt me a copy of it uncensored and it was great.

But not everything I need to hear is XXX, Today I was just making a workout mix, I don't think there was a bad word in 20 songs LOL.

I'm afraid of Limewire since the time my kids (boys, natch) got a sexually transmitted cyber disease or ten from Kazaa, years ago. I mean I hate censored music and I was embarrassed by the names of these contaminants! Is Limewire the same?

Betheny,

iTunes now sells DRM-free music.

never had a problem with cyber diseases on limewire...used to have it on my pc, have it on my mac now....some pc users say that they get a lot of spyware w/it...i never had a problem, but then again I always had anti-spy programs...so i dunno if that was really a legit prob or something else they had...keep a spyware checker runnin' anyway(you should if you run a pc IMHO) and you won't have that to worry about no matter what...But I never had any kind of problems & I'm a music download freak....lol my ipod has about 35gigs of music on it right now...I have NONE of the music I had on any of my old pc's....lol...so who know's how much I'd really have if I ever got around to transferring from ancient computers....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Now a days i bet 1/4 of the stuff on limewire is nastified!

my niece downloaded hundreds of songs from limewire never had any problems, some files are mislabeled and some are junk but no viruses.

youtube has a lot of gnr songs maybe u can download from there?

if you're really going to purchase music just buy the CD and rip it properly and get a good bitrate. the music they sell online the quality stinks. for single tracks... i guess limewire. i'd never use it because i have other sources but it works for the singles