Lucio Fulci: The Beyond NRForeign Unknown

Mulberry Street NRHorror Unknown

Penelope PGComedy Unknown

Subway RForeign Unknown

Tampopo NRForeign Unknown

The Dead PGDrama Unknown

The Fox URIndependent Unknown

The Junction Boys NRDrama Unknown

That's fifteen of sixteen titles this service has no current plans of securing, most of them current and others classics and/or independents. I'm paying these bastards almost forty bucks a month and don't think it unreasonable that they should have a rental inventory reflective of their huge customer base. Guess I'm wrong or SOL, at any rate.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I don't think you'll find Blockbuster to be much better. I have used Blockbuster, Netflix, and Walmart (now discontinued) for DVD rentals. I currently use Netfix too, but only have the $16.99 plan.

Here's just one film blip from my "Saved" queue:

Considered to be Fulci's masterpiece, "The Beyond" is a hallucinatory nightmare of surreal imagery and unspeakable violence that extends from 1920's New Orleans to the very depths of Hell itself. The cellar of an old hotel is built on top of the door to the beyond, where bloody zombies and absolute terror roam free, waiting for the perfect victim. ...
    http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Lucio_F...6?trkid=214018
    Being avid for both foreign and horror films - some of my favorite horror films include those by the Italian horror film master, Dario Argento - this looks like a likely candidate for viewing, but my chances of seeing it through my pricey Netflix account are about nil at this point. Being that it's an older film and not currently part of the Netflix inventory the chances that they'll add it in the not-to-distant-future are very slim.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by ala
    I don't think you'll find Blockbuster to be much better. I have used Blockbuster, Netflix, and Walmart (now discontinued) for DVD rentals. I currently use Netfix too, but only have the $16.99 plan.
    Yeah, I know Ala. I've compared the two majors and they run about neck n neck with Netsux having a few more titles. I often have looked for a title that was unavailable from Netflix on Blockbuster and have yet to find one. They both make such huge profits from their vast customer fees/accts. that they could make a bigger effort to please those customers.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Juke, you sound like my brother in your taste for independent and foreign films. He frequents the small theaters in his area and sometimes drives, what I consider long distances, just to watch these non-mainstream jems.

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    For some cases in point here's the "Saved" list from my Netsux queue:

Movie TitleStar RatingMPAAGenreAvailabilityRemove

Once RIndependent Dec 2007

Black Sun NRDocumentary Unknown

Brotherhood of the Wolf RForeign Unknown

Crust URComedy Unknown

Death at a Funeral
    RComedy Unknown

Gunman in the Streets NRThrillers Unknown

Lake Dead NRHorror Unknown

Lucid NRIndependent Unknown

Lucio Fulci: The Beyond NRForeign Unknown

Mulberry Street NRHorror Unknown

Penelope PGComedy Unknown

Subway RForeign Unknown

Tampopo NRForeign Unknown

The Dead PGDrama Unknown

The Fox URIndependent Unknown

The Junction Boys NRDrama Unknown

That's fifteen of sixteen titles this service has no current plans of securing, most of them current and others classics and/or independents. I'm paying these bastards almost forty bucks a month and don't think it unreasonable that they should have a rental inventory reflective of their huge customer base. Guess I'm wrong or SOL, at any rate.
    40 dollars?! I keep geting their ads about them being 9 dollars. What do you get with the 40 dollar plan? That must be the supreme plan lol.

heres a good movie "The sea inside"
    Based on a true story, this moving film centers on a Spaniard, Ramon Sampedro (Javier Bardem), who's condemned to life as a quadriplegic. Determined to die with dignity, Sampedro leads a 30-year campaign to win the right to end his life. An extraordinary man, Sampedro inspires his lawyer, Julia (Belen Rueda), and a local woman (Lola Duenas) to reach for the stars, and through his inspiration, the women achieve far beyond their wildest dreams.
    JUST GLAD TO BE ALIVE

Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    40 dollars?! I keep geting their ads about them being 9 dollars. What do you get with the 40 dollar plan? That must be the supreme plan lol.
    Nope, that would be their 8 at-a-time unlimited (time held/viewed) at $48.00 plus tax. I'm struggling by with their six at a time plan for $36 bucks plus tax.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by creeps2142
    heres a good movie "The sea inside"
    Based on a true story, this moving film centers on a Spaniard, Ramon Sampedro (Javier Bardem), who's condemned to life as a quadriplegic. Determined to die with dignity, Sampedro leads a 30-year campaign to win the right to end his life. An extraordinary man, Sampedro inspires his lawyer, Julia (Belen Rueda), and a local woman (Lola Duenas) to reach for the stars, and through his inspiration, the women achieve far beyond their wildest dreams.
    Creeps, I saw The Sea Inside and it's a very good film and a good view recommend for stable SCIed.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    I'm struggling by with their six at a time plan for $36 bucks plus tax.
    DAMN! That is a lot of movies!!! I didn't think people actually payed to have that many movies. I have a hard enough time watching the 2 at a time. I do <3 NetFlix though...
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.