Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Netflix Sux For Many Current and Classic Films

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    8,259

    Netflix Sux For Many Current and Classic Films

    For some cases in point here's the "Saved" list from my Netsux queue:

    Movie TitleStar RatingMPAAGenreAvailabilityRemove

    Once RIndependent Dec 2007

    Black Sun NRDocumentary Unknown

    Brotherhood of the Wolf RForeign Unknown

    Crust URComedy Unknown

    Death at a Funeral
    RComedy Unknown

    Gunman in the Streets NRThrillers Unknown

    Lake Dead NRHorror Unknown

    Lucid NRIndependent Unknown

    Lucio Fulci: The Beyond NRForeign Unknown

    Mulberry Street NRHorror Unknown

    Penelope PGComedy Unknown

    Subway RForeign Unknown

    Tampopo NRForeign Unknown

    The Dead PGDrama Unknown

    The Fox URIndependent Unknown

    The Junction Boys NRDrama Unknown

    That's fifteen of sixteen titles this service has no current plans of securing, most of them current and others classics and/or independents. I'm paying these bastards almost forty bucks a month and don't think it unreasonable that they should have a rental inventory reflective of their huge customer base. Guess I'm wrong or SOL, at any rate.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    2,698
    I don't think you'll find Blockbuster to be much better. I have used Blockbuster, Netflix, and Walmart (now discontinued) for DVD rentals. I currently use Netfix too, but only have the $16.99 plan.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    8,259
    Here's just one film blip from my "Saved" queue:

    Considered to be Fulci's masterpiece, "The Beyond" is a hallucinatory nightmare of surreal imagery and unspeakable violence that extends from 1920's New Orleans to the very depths of Hell itself. The cellar of an old hotel is built on top of the door to the beyond, where bloody zombies and absolute terror roam free, waiting for the perfect victim. ...
    http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Lucio_F...6?trkid=214018
    Being avid for both foreign and horror films - some of my favorite horror films include those by the Italian horror film master, Dario Argento - this looks like a likely candidate for viewing, but my chances of seeing it through my pricey Netflix account are about nil at this point. Being that it's an older film and not currently part of the Netflix inventory the chances that they'll add it in the not-to-distant-future are very slim.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally Posted by ala
    I don't think you'll find Blockbuster to be much better. I have used Blockbuster, Netflix, and Walmart (now discontinued) for DVD rentals. I currently use Netfix too, but only have the $16.99 plan.
    Yeah, I know Ala. I've compared the two majors and they run about neck n neck with Netsux having a few more titles. I often have looked for a title that was unavailable from Netflix on Blockbuster and have yet to find one. They both make such huge profits from their vast customer fees/accts. that they could make a bigger effort to please those customers.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    2,698
    Juke, you sound like my brother in your taste for independent and foreign films. He frequents the small theaters in his area and sometimes drives, what I consider long distances, just to watch these non-mainstream jems.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    For some cases in point here's the "Saved" list from my Netsux queue:

    Movie TitleStar RatingMPAAGenreAvailabilityRemove

    Once RIndependent Dec 2007

    Black Sun NRDocumentary Unknown

    Brotherhood of the Wolf RForeign Unknown

    Crust URComedy Unknown

    Death at a Funeral
    RComedy Unknown

    Gunman in the Streets NRThrillers Unknown

    Lake Dead NRHorror Unknown

    Lucid NRIndependent Unknown

    Lucio Fulci: The Beyond NRForeign Unknown

    Mulberry Street NRHorror Unknown

    Penelope PGComedy Unknown

    Subway RForeign Unknown

    Tampopo NRForeign Unknown

    The Dead PGDrama Unknown

    The Fox URIndependent Unknown

    The Junction Boys NRDrama Unknown

    That's fifteen of sixteen titles this service has no current plans of securing, most of them current and others classics and/or independents. I'm paying these bastards almost forty bucks a month and don't think it unreasonable that they should have a rental inventory reflective of their huge customer base. Guess I'm wrong or SOL, at any rate.
    40 dollars?! I keep geting their ads about them being 9 dollars. What do you get with the 40 dollar plan? That must be the supreme plan lol.

  7. #7
    heres a good movie "The sea inside"
    Based on a true story, this moving film centers on a Spaniard, Ramon Sampedro (Javier Bardem), who's condemned to life as a quadriplegic. Determined to die with dignity, Sampedro leads a 30-year campaign to win the right to end his life. An extraordinary man, Sampedro inspires his lawyer, Julia (Belen Rueda), and a local woman (Lola Duenas) to reach for the stars, and through his inspiration, the women achieve far beyond their wildest dreams.
    JUST GLAD TO BE ALIVE

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    40 dollars?! I keep geting their ads about them being 9 dollars. What do you get with the 40 dollar plan? That must be the supreme plan lol.
    Nope, that would be their 8 at-a-time unlimited (time held/viewed) at $48.00 plus tax. I'm struggling by with their six at a time plan for $36 bucks plus tax.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally Posted by creeps2142
    heres a good movie "The sea inside"
    Based on a true story, this moving film centers on a Spaniard, Ramon Sampedro (Javier Bardem), who's condemned to life as a quadriplegic. Determined to die with dignity, Sampedro leads a 30-year campaign to win the right to end his life. An extraordinary man, Sampedro inspires his lawyer, Julia (Belen Rueda), and a local woman (Lola Duenas) to reach for the stars, and through his inspiration, the women achieve far beyond their wildest dreams.
    Creeps, I saw The Sea Inside and it's a very good film and a good view recommend for stable SCIed.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    I'm struggling by with their six at a time plan for $36 bucks plus tax.
    DAMN! That is a lot of movies!!! I didn't think people actually payed to have that many movies. I have a hard enough time watching the 2 at a time. I do <3 NetFlix though...
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •