Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: zits, pimples, blackheads, oh my!

grow a beard!! it's winter time no one will be the wiser...LOL

Damn, Darrel. I just try and try to grow this thing out, but it just won't get beyond the peach fuzz . Suggestions?
    BeeBee

sorry, no advise that is fit for mixed company..

Don't use soap on your face, too drying. I have sensitive skin -very mild dermatits not acne- so I use natural cleansers for sensitive or *sigh* mature skin, they're mild and don't clog the pores. I've used Mychelle [my fav] and lately Earth Science. If they're too pricey Cetaphil is ok, though not natural.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

As for the pimples-I've been told not to use a washcloth, but to use your hands to clean your face instead and pat it dry w/ a cloth.
    I use Neutrogena cleanser and have a lot of luck. Strangely enough using lotion afterwards helps w/ my complexion too!
    As for blackheads-aah! My nose gets them the worst-those are fun to get w/ quad paws!

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky
    Don't use soap on your face, too drying. I have sensitive skin -very mild dermatits not acne- so I use natural cleansers for sensitive or *sigh* mature skin, they're mild and don't clog the pores. I've used Mychelle [my fav] and lately Earth Science. If they're too pricey Cetaphil is ok, though not natural.
    True, too, if you use soap, use something soft like Dove.

Quote Originally Posted by quad79
    As for blackheads-aah! My nose gets them the worst-those are fun to get w/ quad paws!
    Yes, I get them on the nose as well. Bioré works pretty well on that. I wouldn't stress with blackheads, they're even difficult with able hands. I simply cannot squeeze that well to rid of them, but I also have a rather fatty nose.

If you wear makeup that will cause more bacteria on your face.

I don't usually have problem only before menstruation.

I use SkinMedica. love it.

Washing your face more often would pry help too...
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

If I get really warm over the course of the day my face gets redder and I tend to break out more. The same thing happens if I don't shave every few days.

The best thing I have found to help keep acne under control is to drink more water and stay away from chocolate. I have read that studies show there's no connection between food and acne, but all I have to do is eat a Mounds candy bar and I am almost guaranteed a zit by the next morning.

In the past I was prescribed a clindamycin topical that did very little for me. Benzoyl peroxide works well, but it does tend to dry out your skin quite a bit.

Sunshine. Its works good for me.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace