Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: non-steril gloves and K-Y Jelly

non-steril gloves and K-Y Jelly

Does anybody else here have to pay with there pocket money for single use non-steril gloves and K-Y Jelly for in and out cath? The Jelly here is $4.49 and a box of 100 gloves $17.99.

Ouch, that's steep. I pay out of pocket for mine, but I don't buy the name brand KY, I just get the generic for a couple of bucks.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

I think you can get gloves cheaper at non-medical places or maybe online or ebay?

I pay a ton of money out of my own pocket to live a quality of life that Medicare seems to care less about. Try getting supplies on line, in large quantities from large distributors. It's a lot cheaper.

I agree on the generic KY and we get our gloves at Sam's Club. I'm pretty sure we get 100 gloves for less than $10. Drugstore prices are too high. If you don't have or belong to a Sam's Club, maybe a Walmart would be your next best bet.

Deb

You can get these supplies online at www.sportaid.com. A box of gloves is $5.99 and surgilube is $2.25. You can get ky at WalMart for a little over a dollar. I order my gloves from Sportaid by the case. If you order over $75.00 you get free shipping.

Brian, T8 complete

Originally posted by DebC:

I agree on the generic KY and we get our gloves at Sam's Club. I'm pretty sure we get 100 gloves for less than $10. Drugstore prices are too high. If you don't have or belong to a Sam's Club, maybe a Walmart would be your next best bet.
    x2. Gloves @ Sams when needed, and generic (Equate) lubricant from Walmart. I pay out of pocket for this stuff & the cost is rather minimal.

We don't buy gloves, but we do buy lube. We get Muko, it's a box of 100 single use sized packages of lube for $9.99. It's a really good lubricant.

Krystal

www.chrisandkrysi.com

edited because I read what you wrote again and realized that you're paying half that price for lube, guess I should pay attention huh?

Surgy-lube is really good. You can get it online for about 2.50 like at southwest medical supply.

We also get our boxes of gloves at sams and it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY cheaper then anywhere I found. these are the cheapest I found and i did alot of research

Online sams club sells gloves fro 1000 gloves for about $50. And www.southwestmedical.com sells surgi lube for just a little less then the other site mentioned. My husband likes flip top lids and they have those. Makes it a bit easier.

[This message was edited by Moody on 04-22-05 at 11:52 PM.]

Dominic...I get all mine paid for but I use Express Medical Supply...they're an online supplier and prices, inventory and service are great. Look at www.exmed.net

Kap

accept no substitutes