Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Policy Statement: Deletions of memberships, threads, and posts

I think he does. Look at Zeus nee Cspanos ..... his old posts say Zeus now as well.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Thanks sjean, I hadn't progressed that far in my decision, to make me delve more deep. But you've answered my question, so I guess I understand now what happens.

thanks again You always seem to make use of your abundance of common sense, least I've noticed this ability so far from reading some of your posts

But one more thing. Is it a requirement or a personal preference, or simple common courtesy, to alert other members of your previous personna in one's signature? It seems to be the status quo once a username is changed.

It's not that big of a deal, I'm just curious and things have happened in the past, but years ago. But there's a certain clearance I'd like not revoked, and with my past, the Fibbies gave me a break to begin with, because they thought I was a good boy who was just a bit wild when a much younger man.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf
    Is it a requirement or a personal preference, or simple common courtesy, to alert other members of your previous personna in one's signature?
    D. None of the above. Unless one is creating a new screen name as a sock puppet, there is no reason that they should make a point of announcing their new identity. New screen names are often used to establish a clean slate and that's not a bad thing. Fact of the matter is, that unless one radically alters their posting style and personal beliefs, who they are will eventually become clear to long term posters anyway.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    D. None of the above. Unless one is creating a new screen name as a sock puppet, there is no reason that they should make a point of announcing their new identity. New screen names are often used to establish a clean slate and that's not a bad thing. Fact of the matter is, that unless one radically alters their posting style and personal beliefs, who they are will eventually become clear to long term posters anyway.

C.
    Thanks Tiger. I don't want people to not know it's me, only was wondering why many retain their old username in their signatures. You're a nice Tiger Racing Lady

Thanks!

The Internet
    You can run, but you can't hide. The Internet knows who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I don't want people to not know it's me,
    Thanks for reaffriming something that is glaringly apparent to 10 year olds, Mr Internet

Thanks!

The Internet
    I aim to please.

Quote Originally Posted by The Internet
    HA. I can't run, but I can hide...

Hmmmm, make that "you can roll but you can't hide"?

Personally rdf, I would think if you mentioned it for a little while, or didn;t change you avatar right away, anyone following your conversations would figure it out.

By the way, even though the name changes in past posts as well, your original name stays is any quotes,

Quote Originally Posted by rdf
    or where someone addresses you in their response (like I did here). I first noticed that some people have changed theirs when searching for something in old posts ..... so let me know if you want me to edit this!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

thanks sjean. I could write a stored procedure that would update all database tables containing my old username with my new username in all posts and quoted remarks, if I put in the effort. But I don't know how much access the admin folks at CC have to execute sql packages and/or if there are proprietary issues with the MySql back end of the vBulletin sw, etc. Plus running such a procedure would take hours and hours, likely slowing everything down for everyone else.

But that's beside the point, I'm just pondering a solution to a particular situation, and I'm just typing as I'm thinking I'm often accused of instantly typing what comes into my head, without putting in much effort at self-restraint or filtering my thoughts before I type them out and hit submit

I'll let it rest here until I come to a confirmation in mine own mind, then if any more is needed I'll PM Dr Wise or Steven.

Thanks everybody for your info, even you Mr Internet

Thanks!