Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If your mom or dad

-there is over 100 therapies. There is 0. Just for info.

there’s a lot going on and there’s a lot to be hopeful for
    On this I disagree on, there is not a lot going on.
    Last edited by Leif; 03-01-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Great piece Miz Liz.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

you did a great job! well written, clear and got your point across without a lot of clutter. some very good quotes there too!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    this is a double post...hope it's ok.

I'm writing an article on parents "letting go" of the "child" (ok technically we aren't kids but we're always gonna be kids in your/their eyes)

If you're a mom or dad of a person with SCI/D or you think your parent can help, interested please email me or pm me and I'll send a series of questions. Thanks in advance.

I am adopted I do not know who my bio parents are....my adoptive parent are dead or my adoptive Dad has no contact. I am no child yet the new Father. No one incliding the Gov can not find my Boe parents so I find this thread null and void. anyone that lets someone take control is a Devo to some point.

Nice job, Liz! Whoops - hit the send key too soon. Just wanted to say, important subject, too, one that often gets overlooked. Tx!

Good job, Liz!

And agree with marmalady, that it is an important subject that can get overlooked. Touching on some basic points/issues - which are child-parent, compounded by sci/d, which further complicates and exasperates existing concerns in such a relationship - is a great way to get the discussion of "letting go" started. There are many issues that one could delve into... one could write a book! (not hinting or nuttin)