Thread: Do you notice cycles in the pain & Spasticity?

Do you notice cycles in the pain & Spasticity?

I have gone through the calendar for the last 3 months and have found there seems to be about 10-12 days in between the really bad muscle spasms, facial, head and full body pain. Anyone that when they were 6 or so months into their injury find this happening?

And yeah, today was one of those bad, bad days.

I can honestly say that I never kept track of them it is/was an every day thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    I can honestly say that I never kept track of them it is/was an every day thing for me.
    So no particular time frame was evident?

Today I was feeling so-so at home, although I had to lay down while waiting for hubby to get ready this morning. Then took half a Tizanidine on the way into work and by the time I got to my office I was feeling better. However, 30 minutes later it was coming on full force. Whatever "it" is. But for me this seems to come along fairly evenly spaced out. The really bad ones that is, the milder episodes come along anytime, any day inbetween. Even to the smell of cooking sauekraut.

the worst that I noticed was in the mornining befor getting out of bed(would drive me out), then I would have several through out the day then at night as I got tired I would start to get them while trying to relax, they would drive me back to my chair and in front of the computer, but each time that I would yawn I would have a spasm(weird) then when I would crawl in bed I don't know if it was stretching out that would trigger them or if if it was the sheets being cold/cool that would trigger it.. I have gone through them at the Dr.'s office while up on the table once I would streatch out but not to bad..used to get them each time I would try to get up and walk but those finally went away.

As a general rule to a class of problems, I find that gas is the thing that triggers the nerves in a negative way.

When a person sits on their butts and keep gas inside by driking & eating, then later in the day they will begin to hurt.

On top of this is muscle drugs and stool softeners that causes trapped gas.

Quote Originally Posted by aseffa
    As a general rule to a class of problems, I find that gas is the thing that triggers the nerves in a negative way.

When a person sits on their butts and keep gas inside by driking & eating, then later in the day they will begin to hurt.

On top of this is muscle drugs and stool softeners that causes trapped gas.
    I find it funny that when I have to fart while sitting down I have to lean over to the side..my G/F has caught on to that also and makes comment (she is the one who pointed it out to me) but if I am up and trying to walk I am leary to fart for fear it might not be one..Opps...

I haven't looked to see if there is a pattern to them, but I do go through stretches when things are going pretty well (low pain, limited spasticity, everything seems under control) and then periods when the pain and spasticity kick up.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I must be just special. So special that today the left side of my face and head started to get tingly and numb and the left side of the forehead got heavy and now, well, it's all numb. Even the teeth on the left uppers is feeling numb.

On a lighter side, I've started the process to get to Washington U in St Louis. Unfortunately, I have to go through the PCP. The one who only half beleives me.