Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suprapubic Catheter

Suprapubic Catheter

OK, ,I did it. I got the surgery two days ago.
    Now I have a weird looking tube sticking out of me.
    I was just wondering what others who have this think about it. Any issues?
    Thanks
    Mrs Spike

30 years with mine. Your test will be in say 2 months post. Buy a 6 pack, hammer those suckers, now sleeps for 9 to 10 hours strait. Wake up, and laugh at IC. Okay, we quads only get so many perks. A SP is one.

Agree with Gimpy. Drink, drink and drink... no worries usually. Had mine just over 3 yrs and absolutely love it. Do a search and read about a lot more opinions here as there have been bunches of threads on them.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Smile works for me

It's Friday and there are some cold ones in the fridge.
    I suppose if a weird tube sticking out of me doesn't bother Mr Spike....... this is worth it for great sex !

You go girl!!!!

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    Had mine just over 3 yrs and absolutely love it.
    Hi Jeff,

In your wildest dreams (or nightmares), can you imagine writing what you did 5 years and 17 days ago?

Life is a strange ride.

How's the fishing in your lake? What species of fish are in it? I presume there are large mouth in it, how much did your heaviest one weigh in at?

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Yup, bestest decision, other than driving, that I've made since stuntriding into the SCI world.

Everything is in that lake.. bass, catfish, crappie but yet to see any carp. Only some smaller fish has been caught. Watch the big uns jump everytime I'm out. Hope to hook one soon. I might need to sink some Xmas trees...

Yeah, that's right, Mr. Spike didn't like the "catheter burn" or something, right? Or am I imagining things?

Anyways, here's to cold beer, great sex and no more foley!

Best thing I did drink away and have fun
    Be always determined in Life and Love

DH has had his for a little over 2 years. The first year, he went to see the nurse every month to change it out. Then we decided it was much cheaper for me to do this at home. Our out of pocket was about $100/mo as opposed to $12/mo. So things were going along fine. About 6 months ago, I missed a very important step. I forgot to fill the bubble. Took about 30 minutes before it popped out. So, he got back in the bed, then I couldn't get it back in. So... off to the ER we went. Couple of months later, changing it out again, wouldn't go in... went to the ER. Last weekend, same thing happens again.... ER dr. said felt like there was a blockage, tissue or something. Of course it was out for like 3 hours. He struggled to get it in as well. He switched from latex to silicone and went down from a 16 to a 14 and it went right in. So now we have to go back to the urologist to move him back up to a 16.

I don't know if this is common, but it's sure not saving us any money if we have to keep going to the ER.

Other than this... the SP cath has been great. We do bandage it each day to keep his jeans from tugging on it.
    AB, Husband is c5-6 inc quad, 25 years post injury.