Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have a VolksBett bed?

Anybody have a VolksBett bed?

Does anyone have any feedback on this bed? It's adjustable and would fit inside my existing frame, but I don't know much about it besides what's in the catalog and on the Web site. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Not enough info on their website for me to comment. I can't tell what the mattress is made from, much less any interface pressures, and can't tell if the frame offers a solid or spring pan. If you get more information, post about it here. I would recommend the frame with space underneath if there is a chance you would ever need a mobile floor lift (even for an illness).

(KLD)

My understanding is that the mattress is "memory foam" very similar to Tempur-Pedic. They also offer a "softer version" for more $. I had a Tempur-Pedic and hated it -- too hard. I currently have a Select Comfort mattress with a GeoMatt overlay but would like to find something adjustable. And since my frame is relatively new, it would be great to find a bed that fits inside what I already have.

Do you have any recommendations for adjustable beds of the non-hospital variety?

Volker beds volker bedsare europe-made. In my opinion these are the best adjustable beds we have. Very comfortable due to shear-compensation devices, sturdy, with wonderful built-in but hidden side rails and castors, good-looking, with many options.
    Antonio

We have been looking for beds too. Think we have decided on a Select Comfort dual king with the adjustable frame.

Don't know if you would be able to retro fit their adjustable frame in yours, but the frame that SC sells with their mattress is:
    www.lpadjustablebeds.com/s-cape.asp

With its wall hugging feature it might work for you.

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

Clipper, I got Jim a Volker bed and it has been great. I made an overlay myself out of dfferent densities of foam from the foam outlet store to put atop the mattress. No skin problems and doesn't require a turn in the middle of the night any longer. The foam store cuts it to size you want and has several densities available at reasonable prices- I think I paid a total of
    $60.00. The trick, for me, was getting support so he could move easier in bed, yet good relief of boney areas. Regular knit sheets fit well over both mattress, overlay and mattress pad. As a caregiver I can't say enough about the ability to elevate the whole bed, I can lift large weights regularly but bending over a bed kills me, go figure!

Lilsister

It's me again, right thread this time .. Trying to get the Volker bed for my son , which model did you get ? did insurance covered this bed?
    if you prefer please e-mail me at mjoasia@sbcglobal.net

Thanks

Okay.... hope this will help.... We also have a select comfort.... to make it adjustable all you need is the mattress genie.... www.mattressgenie.com It's an inflatable wedge that goes under your mattress. LOVE IT!!! We have had it for over a year now. Wonderful product. First saw it on HSN. It'll run ya about $100. We have a king size bed, and it works great on the select comfort. We also have a 3 inch memory foam topper. Perfect bed for not only hubby who is a C5-6 but me also.

Other that the head and foot of the bed lifting up, does this bed elevate as a whole?

What I really like is the cordless remote.

LL
    ableminded.net

If you are asking about the mattress genie.... no. All it will do is the head of the bed. It's just an inflatable wedge. But it works wonders for us.