Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: For all you kick-a@& car enthusiast's!!

Thats what I thought it said that it was a auto... How much is msrp? I wouldn't want one, but just curious.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

They have it around 70-80K right now. There isn't a real MSRP on the nissan website yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmpastx
    Yeah actually I can afford it as long as they don't jack up the price over MSRP. And I ment if I can find one with an Auto. I went to the dealership on saturday to have my Z maintained and I spoke to the manager and he said that each dealership is only going to get one. I was like damn that sucks. So finding one may be difficult. I have a Z GTR right now that was ordered out of Japan. It took me a couple of months to get it.
    you have a gtr z tune???
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

I don't like

Quote Originally Posted by jbinny
    you have a gtr z tune???
    the body style as much on the z gtr. Looks too much like the fair lady z. I like the retro look of the new GTR because I absolutely love the Skyline GTR from 2002-2004. I think the new manual automatic transmission should be a nice addition that even the most jaded manual transmission freak will be able to appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulScream
    It's not being offered in anything BUT an auto.
    No. It's being offered with a fully manual transmission that is actuated either by a standard gearshift lever or via paddle-shifters on the steering wheel. It has an automatic mode, but this car has a dual clutch transmission, not a torque converter. The paddle-shift could be integrated into hand controls for a driver who cannot use their legs.

two tenths for shift speed is painfully slow and the half a sec is laughable. 200 mil would be impressive.
    Heh. First of all, your conversion is off. .2 seconds is not "two tenths". It's 200 milliseconds, which, as you say, is pretty impressive. However, I am curious as to why you think that changing gears in about half a second is "laughable". Do you think the average driver completes a shift in less time? (Of course, all of this talk of speed and times for shifts ignores the question of exactly what we're measuring. Different companies give times for different operations.)

C.

AMS knows their shit... not quite street legal though, but most big turbo evos aren't

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMS-T...QQcmdZViewItem
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

video

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck
    Black smoke is soot, it falls back to the ground, cleaner than most gas vehicles
    I'm doing these conversions out of my shop, thought this might be interesting if you haven't seen it already.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...php?cl=5234507

Quote Originally Posted by gpbullock
    I'm doing these conversions out of my shop, thought this might be interesting if you haven't seen it already.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...php?cl=5234507
    THanks for the link. I'm researching right now as to which "setup" I want to get to make my own bio. Do you have any good links or suggestions?

There still will be smoke in my hobby. But not near as much as now, just tooling around town.

I see they were using the Dmax's. I think they said they were getting 1000hp out of them, which is probably false, unless they were spraying nitrous. Maybe at the crank, but not to the ground. Only a couple of Dmax trucks that are over 1000hp.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    No. It's being offered with a fully manual transmission that is actuated either by a standard gearshift lever or via paddle-shifters on the steering wheel. It has an automatic mode, but this car has a dual clutch transmission, not a torque converter. The paddle-shift could be integrated into hand controls for a driver who cannot use their legs.

Heh. First of all, your conversion is off. .2 seconds is not "two tenths". It's 200 milliseconds, which, as you say, is pretty impressive. However, I am curious as to why you think that changing gears in about half a second is "laughable". Do you think the average driver completes a shift in less time? (Of course, all of this talk of speed and times for shifts ignores the question of exactly what we're measuring. Different companies give times for different operations.)

C.
    The full manual part is a DSG though. Are those good on a road course? Do you still need to heel and toe? Thinking about not having a clutch sounds like an auto to a lot of people.

Sorry I added an extra zero in. (Millisecond = .001) How fast will an average driver shift something like a Emco sequential transaxle?

What kind of racing are you involved with?
    Last edited by SoulScream; 12-08-2007 at 11:37 AM.

I forgot to update this 3.5 years ago. I got my GTR and it's a blast to drive. I even got to take it on the road course with a 1500hp TT Galardo. Talk about a blast. I may sell it to buy a new one soon or send it to AMS to make it an alpha omega 1500hp beast. Here are some pics...