Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Duragesic vs Mylan generic Fentanyl patches

Someone in the factory is a drug addict and has been shorting the boxes that go out also they are using the patches on their bodies and then resealing them and boxing them up and sending them to the pharmacies. You must check your patches before you use them your life depends on it, let me tell you why. My case has been documented with the FDA and the FBI, finally after months of the run around with the pharmacy and the companies of mylan and sandoz. On more than one occassion I have received patches that have been used. First you can easily tell if these patches have been used. Hold them up to light they should be clear. mine were cloudy and had been gummed up around the edges and dirty around the edges, just like when we wear them for a period of time. Also they were not sticky. They should be tightly packed between the other two peices of plastic that they put them into the packets with. When they are good the sticky is so good it is sometimes hard to get out of the packet with out getting it stuck to the inside of the packet. Just hold them up to light you can quickly tell if something is amiss. As I was saying your life depends on it. Because these Dope addicts at the factory who use them then reseal them up and send them out to you and I, don't give a shit as to what they are doing all they care about is getting high. Heres the big problem drug addicts will do what ever they can to get high. Fentenyl is a synthetic Herione. Drug addicts shoot up Heroine and drug addicts share needles, they have diseases like HIV, AIDS, Hepatitis and many more. Those diseases will be transferred from those patches to us transdermally. Like I said this is a very very important thing. Everyone using these patches has to be vigilant. Please check your patches more closely and if you see something is amis let me know I can help you get in touch with the correct people so you dont get the run a around like I did. I am at Bruutuuss @aol.com

I have suspected that the boxes were shorted, and I have been finding patches that don't seem to work, so maybe now I know why. I will be more vigilant. Thanks!

fentanyl patch size issues

someone mentioned the generic patch they use is too big. I have been uslng Myland 100 mcg pain patches for 4 years. the 100 patch was a little too big for me. As my body moves, the patch would kinda loop away from my skin and this kept med form getting into my body as well as allowing water to interfere with the glue factor. I swim laps daily with the patch.

I cut them in half and place both on at the same time, different spots, obviously. This keeps them in place and it doesn't affect the value of the med.

I am suprised more folks don't try this. It wouldn't work with the gel patches, where the gooey jelly rolls around. . if you cut those the gel leaks out but I haven't seen those patches in a few years and the Mylan generic -- works like a piece of clear plastic that adheres to my skin . . it stays on even with one hour in the pool nearly every day.

once in a great while, a patch will come off before the 3 days are up and I put it back on and hold something warm on the plastic for a short while to warm it up and make it stick again - this works. I put my laptop on my tummy -- the heat of the laptop seems to help put the patch back on. also, holding hot cup of coffee on my tummy warms up the patch if it has slipped.

glad to know someone at factor might be using

a few boxes back, several of my patches didn't seem to work. I thought it was my imagination. Thanks for alerting us.

I will pay closer attention.

They might not be using. They might be stealing good ones to sell them and just replacing good ones with used ones that look almost right.

Whatever the case we must be vigilant, we have enough on our plate without catching a life threatening disease from some low life junkies. Please pass the word around I want everyone to be alerted of this and to always check the patch before putting it on. And I mean holding the patch up to the light, this is the best way to tell. Thanks all hope you have a painless night. and may God bless us all.

painprincess, it is very dangerous to cut the patches in half. they do not release the same. please check with the drug manufacturer, as it always says in the packet info not to cut them.

Bruutuuss,
    I'm sorry that you have had the experience of having boxes missing patches, and patches that may have been compromised. It's good that you have reported it, and hopefully the manufacture can figure out who the weak link in the chain is and get rid of them, prosecuting as able.
    Just remember that HIV and AIDS are transfered through contact with bodily fluids, not just "touching" the other person. You can't hold hands with someone and get the virus. For the sake of this argument lets "assume" that the person at the factory chewed it and there is potentially infected saliva on the patch. You would need to put the patch over an open wound, etc. in order to have an entry point for the infection.
    It is horrible that the packages are missing patches, or the patches have been tampered with in any form, but I don't think that infection from used patches would be the main concern. I would be worried about having to refill prior to 30 days (because the boxes are missing patches) which could get you labeled a drug seeker, and your insurance won't pay for patches early. Also, I would be worried about patches not working as long as necessary due to missing medication, etc.
    This is not something to be taken lightly, and it sounds like you are doing the right thing.
    FWIW, I use the Watson brand patches and have never had a problem with them. All the boxes I have received have had 5 patches in them, and every patch has been brand new, no evidence of prior use or abuse. I am allergic to the adhesive on the Mylan patches, so I have to special order the Watson patches from my pharmacy (they are more than happy to order them, although the Mylan patches are what they typically stock). I usually take my Rx into the pharmacy a few days before my refill is due in case they have not placed the order yet (since I fill it every month, they place an order for me monthly).
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

aveva what about their patches?
    wendell fears

I like Mylan

I have been using Mylan 100s for about 2 years now, after using Duragesic for 5 years. I like Mylan because I have far less fluctuation in pain relief and the patches are easier to work with. I do suggest using a surgical dressing cover over the patch to make sure it stays in place.
    Last edited by debcutler; 10-27-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: additional info

Sandoz/Mylan vs Watson brand fentanyl patches

I was on the duragesic name brand for years then many manufacturers started making a generic form. I went off the patch a few years back to try something new for pain control. My doctor and I have decided to try the patches again and to my surprise when I filled the Sandoz patch today I found it had changed and no longer has the gel reservoir. I'm concerned because I did not tolerate the Mylan brand which the Sandoz now looks identical to it! I have a tape/latex allergy and for some reason the Mylan brand made me itch and I'd get terrible redness around the patch as well as it seeming to constantly fall off. Long story short, I'm curious if anyone out there still gets a generic form that does have the gel reservoir in case I do have problems with this patch. The Sandoz brand used to be identical to the duragesic brand but I've heard even the duragesic has changed now. When I go to the Watson website it appears it may have the gel instead...updated in August 2010...anyone on the Watson brand of the fentanyl patch? Thank you for any help.