Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cheesecake, Orangejello, and Team Reeve

Cheesecake, Orangejello, and Team Reeve

Cheesecake is at it again! She's racing with Team Reeve, in honor of our beloved Orangejello, to support research at the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation (CDRF).

She's approaching $12,000 in support this year, and can go even higher with your help. If you can give, please do. If you can't, please pass this message on to those who can.

The CDRF has a proud history of supporting research into axon guidance, overcoming growth inhibitors, remyelination, synapse formation, and even stem cells. They developed a small clinical trial infrastructure when the government wouldn't step forward and have since received federal money to expand it.

Their Go Forward mentality has shown that perseverance in the face of adversity pays off.

We know a cure is possible, so let's help make it happen. Pledge your support to cheesecake, in honor of OJ, and help make a difference.

ETA: Cheesecake will be taking off on her handcycle at 8am on November 4, 2007. She will be wearing Number W505 if anyone wants to cheer her on!

Thanks,

Steven
    Last edited by Steven Edwards; 10-28-2007 at 01:27 PM.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Great Cheesecake!

I haven't followed up on OJ, so am not aware of what's been going on or how she is doing... but I hope things are ok and getting better. If you are in touch with her, please let her know I am thinkin bout her.

I am also making my pledge right now to help support you, but have a question about the last page - "in recognition/honor/support of". C/sould I put O.J. (Amanda) and/or Cheesecake (Bernadette) in that field?

ETA: I just added the "In support" of Bernadette and Amanda. Hope that is ok.

Cross that line!
    Last edited by chick; 10-28-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Many Thanks

A special thanks to the many CareCure members who have donated and have been very generous with their support emotionally, as well as financially.

Several things have changes since the last time I did the race, I have gotten older (50 in July) my function has diminished and both shoulders are shot. One thing has stayed the same, my passion for Cure research and to personally put myself on the line to make a difference.

The one CareCurer that I have always looked up to for their tenacity, principals and general strength of being is Orangejello. She has been fighting with great tenacity as do many here. This effort is dedicated to her as well as to the memory of Christopher and Dana.

Many of the names this year are In Memory Of someone with SCI. In 2005 these individuals were still alive. A cure must be found, for secondary condition that haunt us and rob us of life to early as well as a Cure for the paralysis itself.

This year I am again wearing my shirt of strength. If you donate and would like someones name to be added to the shirt, let me know. If you can't donate but really want to add a name, let me know. When I get fatigued, I look to the names to draw strength and determination. Please shoot me a Private message. Chick, I will add your name, Obie, Bill's name. Everyone else so far, I think we are good to go. Dogger, send me the Stars names, Barten, etc they deserve a place of special honor for putting up with you

Please pray for sun and clear day. The forcast expects rain which will really screw things up.

Thanks All, you guys are the best.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Donated. Go Cheesecake
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Many thanks. I received a number of donations today from CareCure members. Look for enotes that were sent earlier tonight. I really appreciate the support as well as the notes.

Together we will make a difference

IS OJ STILL WITH US LAST I HEARD SHE WAS very sick, anytime i want to whine i think of how strong and coragous she is

Way to raise awareness about SCI and raise finds for the Reeve foundation, Cheesecake.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience post-marathon.

VickieLynn~ Here is a post by John Smith from OJ's family.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=88705

Thanks LeMem. The outpouring of support has been amazing. Yes, a good way to raise awareness indeed. I will be taking my laptop to NYC and will post about everything as time allows.

Hope/pray for clear skies and no wind. Rain is expected and that will be a major damper for me.

Way to go, cheesecake!
    Daniel

I'm doing my "one more week of drought" dance for you, Cheese. May it be a day just like yesterday! Maybe even just a tad of overcast to keep the sun out of your eyes? Thank you for what you're doing to support our cause. I know you've put a lot of time, sweat and pain into this.
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!
    BeeBee