Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cheesecake, Orangejello, and Team Reeve

Paula Radcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru
    WELL DONE!!!!!!!

No wonder Paula Radcliffe kept looking over her shoulder.
    For awhile Paula Radcliff and I were on 1st Avenue together. I even got to ride with the big guys, the men for the better part of 2 miles before they left me in their dust.

Curt, that photo is from 2005 and not the one I need resized.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake
    For awhile Paula Radcliff and I were on 1st Avenue together.
    UK TV concentrated on Paula for most of her race, which I watched, I must have seen you!

Again congratulations on a fantastic achievement.

Congratulations Cheesecake ! Great achievement .
    Every day I wake up is a good one .

For awhile Paula Radcliff and I were on 1st Avenue together. I even got to ride with the big guys, the men for the better part of 2 miles before they left me in their dust.
    Were you wearing green? If so, I saw you. Did you hear me yell: THAT'S CHEESCAKE? IT MUST BE!!
    BeeBee

...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

The first photo is of me and my 4 guides at the 25 mile mark. They were the wind beneath my wings, literally.

Karen, front left, Dina, back left, with me the ENTIRE run, Barbara back Right, Mike, front right.

Second photo was of me, crying happy tears with my family in the Achiles finish family corral.

Thank you Chick for comining the photos as well as for helping me resize them. You too Steven.

Below is a note I sent out to family and friends.
    >Hello everyone~
    Inquiring minds want to know, Yes I finished the marathon and Yes, I feel great and am in good shape today. We drove home from NYC today after a great dinner party with Henry Stifel the Vice Chairman of the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. I slept like a rock last night and woke up incredibly refreshed today. The feeling of completing the Marathon is overwhelming. Special thanks to my four guides, Dina, who was with me from the beginning, Barabara, Karen and my friend Mike D who cheered, harrassed and pushed me at the end of the race. What a wonderful experience. One photo is of me and my "Posse" as we hit the 25th mile mark. I had tears of joy for the last few miles. The crowd is overwhelming and the sheer exhileration of finishing is priceless. I also want to thank Paul, who encouraged and pushed me along the way. He did a wonderful job fundraising for the Foundation and pushed himself to run even after he said "never" to another Marathon. He did it all for the love of family, his mom Marcia.
    1st picture is of me and guides, last is of me at the family reunification area.
    Again, thank you all, I feel so blessed.

Best,
    B~

Go Forward NYC Marathon 2007
    http://TeamReeve2007.kintera.org/bernadette_m
    Last edited by cheesecake; 11-05-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Got me in tears here, Bernadette. Thanks for your huge effort.

"The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do." Sarah Ban Breathnach
    Sarah would be proud of you too.

Another photo, Mile 24

Someone sent me another photo, obviously I didn't take any.

I hope you have a 'wall of achievement' at your home and you frame the above picture and put it up there! (No, I don't have a wall .. but then again, I'm just a working stiff - no achievements lol).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

LOL Lynnifer. I am jus a working stiff too. My kids have award shelves in their house but I don't. I plan to do a shadowbox with my Bib number, medal and photo. I love that you can see for Orangejello in the photo on the handcycle.
    Try handcycling Lynnifer, you will love it.