Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left caster wobbles

Very good explanation Kite. I had the same problem with mine, and that's exactly how I fixed it. Just tighten it up a bit, and it should fix the wobble.

VICTORY! Husband adjusted, Dingo and I went for a test drive. SO much better! I usually struggle as the chair flies sideways from the dog, that has stopped. Chatter is gone. And I can go fast enough going downhill now that Dingo has to run instead of trot!

Wow, this will be a big QOL improvement. Thaks for the help. Husband said he didn't know how to adjust until you posted.

That first chair is my chair I believe. Mine is painted black w/ silver axel.

Rochester NY... Seen them all... Worked at U of R. Strong Hospltli
    I just posted to my blog about joining here... A few days back... And... How I just helped someone... Then I pop back to see if new info was up....

O,O Tears of joy... WHAT A FEELING... I am BACK... Helping people... And, people I happen to care dearest for... People often like my little bro... Who is autistic... My first best friend... Who was both blind and deaf.... Like everyone I felt closest to.... REAL NORMAL PEOPLE like I found here...

Working in the health industry... You would come into my Ortho Office at Strong Hospital... And, now that out of the over 1,000 people we would see in one day alone... On a almost busy... Day.

When I signed you in each time... Everytime... For every person... No matter who or what they are anyplace else... While in front of me... Regardless of my life... My issues... That you... Are the only reason on Earth we where their... So you got a true warm gald to see you today smile and....

The I am sorry it is here we meet my friend... So let's laugh... Let's live life... And for the 2 minutes it takes for me to ask all those annoying questions... In less than half the time to read this post...

We two people... One at a time... Over one hundred times a day...

Got this same level of care...

In that departments entire history... No other person has ever come close to the amount of people I could help... And, help realize that yes... This machine... We call health care... Can also have a human side to it... Just everyone is worried about... Numbers...

The highest amount ever singed in by any one person before me... 27 a day on average... The most people signed in a single month not counting holidays sick time, car issues... life issues... and weekends... by any one person on average before they hired me... 734 or so on average....

Customer satisfaction... 23% if that.

Not that I am perfect... I just think WIN/WIN... and I also live that way.

Daily dsign in for me... 100+ people on average.
    Over 2200 people a month+ on average.

Customer satisafaction... 99.9% from day one. Until my pain removed me from that job...

Boss only needed to keep my job held... Four mounths.. MAX... She help ot for 11... And only filled it because an old empoyee left to a new job did not work out... And, insisted on comming back...

Boss... Still holding any spot I want when ever I can return... For as long as it takes...

Lives touched while their... 100%

And... I spent over 35 years... to spend only ten months... being who I always wanted to be. I also deal with severe ADHD... and along with the pain cauing the med to not be as effective... And, my bi polar issue... I spent 35 years unable to write... Speak well, function to my fullest... To finally get out of my shell...

to end up being forced back into it... not from being afraid of wheels... Or people different than me... Or the pain... or any of what is apart but not who I really am...

It was this level of connection... I need this to live... It feeds me energy somehow... The simple fact something I said... I knew... something that helps... And for that people feel human again... And rember to go fast... to luagh and smile... Even when at a level ten pain... Like me...

I thought I lost this... And... Rathole LOL finny arse nickname... Your post hit me square... And powered me back up... And... LMAO.... The pain... the pain... I can fight another 10 years now even with it at the low of a high eight pain... that does a flying kick to the SI joint anytime it seems to want my full attention... err like now... O,O another blooody nose... I need a softer desk I think... LOL

I am so glad that I could help. And, Rathole I am so glad it made sense... For nothing right now makes sense to me... It will later... I am sort of on auto pilot now... I allow my mind to flow... It is the only way arounf the pain... Otherwise I want to curl up... Until I vanish... So thank you for allowing me to help today... I think this will be my last post for nwo as the pain is cranking up again... aand... UGH... I need to get up... I hate that with a passion.... But... otherwise.... My wife who has enough to deal with... Would also need to deal with my mess...

SO... I will be back again I will try to make it each day... I will not let this pain stop me frome being me.

Love Kite
    Kite
    Riding Proud!
    The Proactive Patient & Advocate
    Never give up trying. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    If I get up any speed at all, I get the "bad grocery cart" syndrome. I often hook my little dog to my chair and kind of "drive" him, like a carriage. But this one caster is throwing off our game. It vibrates bigtime! Tons of noise and I think it really slows us down. Sounds like it is falling off. The location of the casters means I can't really look down to see without doing an endo.

They are new casters. Are they installed wrong? Does everyone have this problem? My last chair had Frog Legs so I don't know. I don't think the first set of casters did this, not sure as I've only now perfected the dog driving LOL.

I have a Kuschall chair, Spox wheels, GEAX street runner tires and random casters from SportAid. Any suggestions much appreciated!

Ohh, good that your hubby has fixed your chair.

But what's an "endo"?

I would have someone do the adjustment for you
    Don't try it yourself
    If you get it wrong it makes the problem worse
    And the caster flutter wheres out the bearings faster and the tires