Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to have a meeting with mom!!!!

Thumbs up

Hope it goes well -

how did it go Becky??

I'm very proud of you for getting up the courage to finally set it all straight.

Gosh, I hope it goes well for you. Good luck Becky!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I am still waiting to hear back on the final date. I am very nervous about this meeting. I want to have it and know I need to have it but I wish I could just have her go and talk to the doctor but I know it is better if I am there. It is hard to get everyone's schedules to be in sink since the therapist wants to be there too. I don't know why this is making me so stressed out. I just want to be invisible at this meeting so that I don't have to look at her or anything.

Becky,
    Chicago
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Hi Becky,

I suggest you write down a few goals for yourself in this meeting or questions you want to ask them so your mom can hear the answers. Take them with you so you won't get nervous and forget anything important.

Don't feel intimidated. I've read your posts here and you are intelligent and strong. You just need to demonstrate those same virtues at that meeting.

I agree. Make notes, ask questions, make sure the things she needs to know are brought up in the conversation. And don't worry--you'll be fine. The sooner it's over, the sooner you'll quit (hopefully) hearing the negativity.

Good luck!