Thread: Band Like feeling and Pain

Band Like feeling and Pain

I have an SCI caused from a C-Spine Intermedullary tumor. I had it surgically resected on 04/24/07. I do have many symptoms post surgery but the main one that drive me crazy is the band like feeling of being squeezed around my stomach and waistline. Does anyone know of any medications that can help relieve this sensation?

Quote Originally Posted by TMAZ
    I have an SCI caused from a C-Spine Intermedullary tumor. I had it surgically resected on 04/24/07. I do have many symptoms post surgery but the main one that drive me crazy is the band like feeling of being squeezed around my stomach and waistline. Does anyone know of any medications that can help relieve this sensation?
    Since my accident i feel the same thing but it doesn't hurt. Try not to pay attention to it. I don't thing that there is a medication for that.

I do too. It's more annoying than anything, but @ times is painful.

I'd appreciate knowing why it does myself and what would help.

People with MS sometimes complain of a similar sensation. It's common enough that I've heard it referred to as the "MS Hug".

I have it around my torso, right thigh, calf, and both feet. The calf feels as if my knee socks are tight, and the feet feel like I'm wearing too short stirup pants. It's not pain. Just an odd, annoying sensation.

That sensation is part of my bag of tricks - extreme pressure on my abdomen.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.