Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 15 Reasons to be a Vegetarian

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass
    BTW Pulix is my favorite grocery store (next to Wegmans for some of you Northerners).
    A guy at my Publix said they'll be expanding their organic selection of foods. Look for their Greenwise signs, I believe. I love Publix, too.

Publix Lovers...

there's almost a cult-like following!

It's just a grocery store!

Quote Originally Posted by chick
    It's just a grocery store!
    Oh, no, it's not just a grocery store! George Jenkins is rolling in his grave right now.

Do not mock that which you do not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity
    LOL. I'll try to find some pics of veggie burgers. The most popular type is black bean but there are soy burgers too.
    I think they feed me a double with cheese yesterday at the hospital after I came out of surgery the nurses ordered me a double cheese burger and fries it was way to thick to be for patients and with all the trimmings, I was so hungry and dopey I ate it all and passed out for another hour or two. they asked if I liked it after i came to and started tormenting..

Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    I think they feed me a double with cheese yesterday at the hospital after I came out of surgery the nurses ordered me a double cheese burger and fries it was way to thick to be for patients and with all the trimmings, I was so hungry and dopey I ate it all and passed out for another hour or two. they asked if I liked it after i came to and started tormenting..
    Come on Darrel, it looked like you were on a roll; you can do better than that?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

okay, so I was tormenting the whole three days I was there, hell I am up in there once a year lately so they all know me and I am so independent they just come in and take vitals if I am there or hand me my pills on my way by I can't stay in bed like all the other patients..I'm all over that hospital hell I even had a social worker ask me to talk with a rehab patient.. he had the same injury as me but he had set backs and he was discuraged so I went down and B.S.ed with him for a short bit gave him the name of the sight so he could find more info or for support..who knows he may not even check us out..

okay, so I was tormenting the whole three days I was there, hell I am up in there once a year lately so they all know me and I am so independent they just come in and take vitals if I am there or hand me my pills on my way by I can't stay in bed like all the other patients..I'm all over that hospital hell I even had a social worker ask me to talk with a rehab patient.. he had the same injury as me but he had set backs and he was discuraged so I went down and B.S.ed with him for a short bit gave him the name of the sight so he could find more info or for support..who knows he may not even check us out..
    Better, but you never did say how you liked that big cheeseburger just post surgery. I know if I'd been gassed out for the procedure there'd be some nausea post and I'm trying to picture how a big cheeser could seem desireable in that situation. I used to be all over the place but now lay in my bed like a big maggot and order morphine three or more times a day. My last day in hospital two weeks ago I had to force myself out of bed in the morning with my discharge scheduled for the afternoon. With all of this laziness I had a few of the doctors and some of the nurses tell me what a big sucess I was as a long-term para, having my level of ability and autonomy. Go figure.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Cool

I even had a social worker ask me to talk with a rehab patient.. he had the same injury as me but he had set backs and he was discuraged so I went down and B.S.ed with him for a short bit gave him the name of the sight so he could find more info or for support..who knows he may not even check us out..
    That's the way I am about trying to generate interest in the site any more. I can never restrain myself from telling a new gimp I meet about how great the CCC is but I've learned that they may not even bother to check us out even when they assure me that they will. "Their loss"; "different strokes", etc. and what can you do but your best to spread the gospel of CareCure and accept that it may not take.
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    A guy at my Publix said they'll be expanding their organic selection of foods. Look for their Greenwise signs, I believe. I love Publix, too.
    Me too. My favorite snack from that section are the veggie stix. Yum.

http://goodhealthnaturalfoods.com/veggiesnacks2.html

I've been wanting to try those Veggie Stix (though, I doubt I could ever be a vegetarian ). Have you ever tried plantain chips? I love those. I don't really like cooked plantains like you'll get with meals at Columbian or Cuban restaurants, but the chips are yummy.