Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 131

Thread: 15 Reasons to be a Vegetarian

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    crap, I thought you were trying to say eat a book at first, I don't need that much fiber...ha,ha
    Edible books....?
    Hmm....Interesting idea.

  2. #32
    Banned adi chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    near dracula castle
    Posts
    9,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    You just asked about a half dozen different questions Adi. Clarify and we can proceed.
    simple juke ...raw meat and evolution ....
    http://www.ecologos.org/meat-eating.htm
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    i learned that fire and cooked meat made a huge diffrence regarding humans and other inferior species.true or not?

    That was definitely discussed in this book. Cooking makes animal protein more digestible and it kills germs and parasites. Hunting probably promoted the development of language and social skills.
    No question about it. When our ancestors became meat eaters they took a giant evolutionary step. It just that, I think, we were never able to get as much animal protein as we could of all the other stuff, so our bodies are built for meat and veggies. Also, I understand that we are not able to derive all the vitamins from meats that true carnivores can. We need certain vegetable foods.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally Posted by garvey
    That was definitely discussed in this book. Cooking makes animal protein more digestible and it kills germs and parasites. Hunting probably promoted the development of language and social skills.
    No question about it. When our ancestors became meat eaters they took a giant evolutionary step. It just that, I think, we were never able to get as much animal protein as we could of all the other stuff, so our bodies are built for meat and veggies. Also, I understand that we are not able to derive all the vitamins from meats that true carnivores can. We need certain vegetable foods.
    They took a giant step that would allow them to increase their numbers, develop social and language skills, etc. ect. but they did not take any kind of evolutionary step by developing the ability and practice of cooking and eating animal protein. An evolutionary advance is in the genes in such a way that it expresset itself in the morphology* of the species. While subsequent modification of genetic structure was set to favor anything/everything beneficial to the newly incorporated meat cooking practices, the morphology of the species was unaffected by the development of the practice at the time it took place.

    *http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/morphology
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

  5. #35
    Banned adi chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    near dracula castle
    Posts
    9,508
    hehe guys ...i eat raw meat sometimes...to avoid the damn bill of gas...lol.
    the meat is tasty .
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

  6. #36
    Senior Member Robynbird569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lake Isabella Mi
    Posts
    706
    Juke- sorry I so offended you. I didnt think putting the pictures up was going to upset anyone. I was for once in a pretty good mood and just making light of the differences between what vegetarians and meat eaters have for choices, nothing more.


    Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    They took a giant step that would allow them to increase their numbers, develop social and language skills, etc. ect. but they did not take any kind of evolutionary step by developing the ability and practice of cooking and eating animal protein. An evolutionary advance is in the genes in such a way that it expresset itself in the morphology* of the species. While subsequent modification of genetic structure was set to favor anything/everything beneficial to the newly incorporated meat cooking practices, the morphology of the species was unaffected by the development of the practice at the time it took place.

    *http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/morphology
    You are correct - I misused the term "evolutionary".

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynbird569
    Juke- sorry I so offended you. I didnt think putting the pictures up was going to upset anyone. I was for once in a pretty good mood and just making light of the differences between what vegetarians and meat eaters have for choices, nothing more.
    For future reference, vegetarian meal choices are not limited to rotten looking vegetables. Maybe this thread will help expose you to the many and varied non meat options available. In fact, I'll look for some photos to post. And I promise not to contrast them with pictures of rotten slabs of meat just to make a point.
    Last edited by antiquity; 10-28-2007 at 01:45 PM.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    2,698
    This ones for you Juke and any others who would like to add a little veggie goodness to their lives. Here is one of my wife’s recipes. It works well as a side dish for non-vegetarians too. I even like it as a vegetable side dish with a thick medium-rare steak and a baked potato.

    This amount is probably good for six side-dish servings. Add seasoning and spices to suit your taste.

    3 organic zucchini
    4 organic yellow squash
    1 can of organic fire roasted tomatoes
    1 can or 1-cup fresh organic mushrooms
    1 whole onion cut into rings
    Slice your zucchini, squash and mushrooms into thin slices, do not peel them. Then put a small amount of oil olive in the bottom of a glass dish then put in your veggies and mix them around a bit then add your can of tomatoes, liquid and all. Put this in a 400 oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until your vegetables are not crunchy anymore. You can add some salt and pepper to taste. You can serve this with rice or as a side dish with meat. It’s up to you.

  10. #40
    Thanks Ala, that sounds good. I love zucchini.

    Here are a few dishes. They are: veggie lasagna, veggie pizza, my fav. aloo gobi, cambodian veggie stew, garden gumbo, mexican pumkin soup, veggie burger, pasta and veggies, pasta primavera.

















    Last edited by antiquity; 10-28-2007 at 01:44 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Reasons for Complications with Kidney Failure Patients
    By Max in forum Health & Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 08:28 PM
  2. Five Reasons to Learn to Forgive
    By Max in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 02:20 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 11:34 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2002, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •