Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sleep Number mattress?

Chrl - I bought the adjustable base with the sleep number. But I had been investigating adjustable beds/bases for awhile. The sleep number people just use a bed base made by Leggett & Platt, www.leggett.com , so I don't see any reason you couldn't buy them separately. btw, It is one of the best adj bases out there, as long as you don't need high/low feature, it only does raise head and/or feet.

Curt - one idea for Genie might be to buy the twin size and only have it raise under you. It would tilt the mattress some, but shouldn't be a major problem I don't think.

Sjean - level transfer is nice. When we 1st got it, it was "up" there a ways, major pita.

Rick - yep me too, saved some bucks.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Curt- i'll look and see if i have coupons. i get some in the mail from select comfort every few months. i'll check when i get home.

hmmm may have to think about the genie now also I have a king size bed. I could always get my dog to lay there...lol
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

Back to the battery back up......is there any certain size or kind and where did you get it at?
    Thanks!

[quote=McDuff]Chrl - I bought the adjustable base with the sleep number. But I had been investigating adjustable beds/bases for awhile. The sleep number people just use a bed base made by Leggett & Platt, www.leggett.com , so I don't see any reason you couldn't buy them separately. btw, It is one of the best adj bases out there, as long as you don't need high/low feature, it only does raise head and/or feet.

Thanks for the reply and no I don't need the hi-lo feature. I am definately sold on the sleep number. It will be a Christmas present to me

I put mine up on blocks so it was the same hight as my cushion on my wheelchair. I took a 2x4 block and routed a spot so the wheels can sit in and not move off of the blocks.

Curt,
    I pump the bed up to 100 so it is firm and I have not problem transferring even with my short arm's.

Stevie P

Quote Originally Posted by binnie
    Back to the battery back up......is there any certain size or kind and where did you get it at?
    Thanks!
    I got one that cost about $80 dollars at a Comp USA I will have to check the model. The more you can afford the better.

When I got it I did a test to see if I could get it back up to 100. Keep the box and every thing, just in case you need to return it. I would recommend getting it from a Best Buy or Sam's or Costco were they don't give you a hard time returning things. If you do mail order you may pay less but you will have a hard time returning the unit if you need to.

The sleep number company was no help with any specs on what I would need as far as a battery backup.

Stevie P

This is something that is totally cool. At Radisson Hotels you can ask for a sleep number bed to be put in your room.

http://www.radisson.com/sleepnumber

Here you can look up your state and see if the Radisson near you has the sleep number bed.

Stevie P