Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiding your external catheter bag

Hiding your external catheter bag

Anybody have any good ideas about hiding your external catheter bag?

I use of Permobil C300 power chair and a Ti Lite manual chair. Right now I use a Velcro attached arm mounted bag on my manual chair. And a messenger type bag that hangs from the back of my manual chair to store my drain bag. Neither of these bags are built for this purpose.

Any ideas that more graciously and inconspicuously disguise my bag during transfers in and out of a car is also appreciated.
    Spottswood

Why don't you use a leg bag?

(KLD)

I like to wear shorts when it's warm.
    Spottswood

We had a plain, dark cloth bag made that fits over the catheter bag; 2 wide "shoulder" straps at top around the "neck" where the tube enters the bag; one wide flap at the bottom to access the drain. Flap and straps are held in place with Velcro; the whole hangs under the chair behind a metal footplate that's on a hinge & folds upwards (behind the footrests).
    - Richard

Also, I have struggled in the past draining it because I don't have finger function and struggle to lift and drain into a toilet.
    Spottswood

Have you tried a sport bag such as made by Urocare or Sierra? If you are using a power chair you can use an automatic leg bag emptier if you have problems draining the bag. At your level, you should be able to do it yourself though.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by spottswood
    Also, I have struggled in the past draining it because I don't have finger function and struggle to lift and drain into a toilet.
    Here is a link to a leg bag opener for any kind of chair
    http://www.wheelsunlimited.com/legbagvalve.html

I hang a Bag under my seat

bein c/6/7 you should be able to get a legbag you can drain yourself. i couldn't stand luggin a big ole bedbag around everywhere.

i'm same injury an i put my foot on the toilet, push valve, drain an i'm on my way.

practice makes perfect........

Thank's all.

You're right... practice makes perfect. I'll check new products and more effort.
    Spottswood

There is that syphon bag mentor makes that fits on the upper thigh under the shorts.