Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Anybody Carry a Gun?

God.

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    I wonder if the 6,000,000 Jews that Hitler and Himmler murdered thought that way after spending a few months in one of those concentration death camps?

Or does your "God" and Savior "Jesus" possess more power and is He more involved in the personal affairs of man. As in the individual involvement of man and/or woman?

I bet those persecuted Jews wished they all had M-1 Garand rifles instead of the shreds of the Torah that they held so dear. When the Jews and the State of Israel say "Never Again" they don't mean that they are going to pray harder and more often but rather that they'll personally be adequately armed and have a suffiently strong military (IDF) to defend themselves against anyone or any nation(s) who/that would like to see them go through another holocaust or any other such cruel indignity again.

Bob.
    A little extreme here Bob. Are you an extremist?

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    Comprehend what you read before interjecting your "crazy" "personal theory" into it. I put forth an academic or to make it easy on ya, a hypothetical supposition, thus the preface of my sentence; "I bet those persecuted Jews wished....". Then you, ex post facto of the holocaust, ask an unanswerable question concerning the Third Reich, its control of firearms in Nazi Germany and whether or not the liberalization of the Third Reich's gun laws could have averted the holocaust. What the hell are you writing about?

No reason for you to apologize for injecting any logic into this entirely emotional debate, since you didn't and it's not. "entirely emotional debate" is your ill-perceived interpretation of gun control. In the US we perceive it as a Constitutional issue that coincidentally, this year, our Supreme Court will hear argument on and hopefully rule upon. Many here in the US believe our Founding Fathers left the 2nd Amendment to "The Bill of Rights" intentionally "vague". That is to say, whether it's the right of individual citizens or whether it's the right of a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, to keep and bear arms. Or perhaps the right of both.

Perhaps you and titanium4motion can pray on it together. Many of us choose to take the responsibility for our own "wordly" protection seriously and to do so with the use of firearms. The next time some thug is hurting or killing you or someone that you love, pull out your Bible or Holy Book and pray about it for awhile. Then someone will call the police and they'll write a nice report about the incident.

Bob.
    Bob when you are on your death bed and you are days or hours or minutes away from death are you going to be thinking about guns and firearms or are you going to be praying to God? When was the last time you picked up a Bible and read it?

Have you every been to a country where firearms are prohibited like Japan or China? I have. There is a difference peace in the community. The peace knowing that you are safe because no one has a gun with them but the police. Ask the mothers and fathers whose son or daughter has been killed by a thug with a gun and they will tell you a different story about guns.

All my brothers and father own guns and I don't. When God is in your life you have a peace and freedom that is more powerful than a firearm. If someone wanted to take my life with a gun, so be it. I am ready to leave this living Earth. Are you?

Maybe I should say, "Peace be with you?"

How do you celebrate Christmas? With a gun or Christ?

titanium4motion

If someone wanted to take my life with a gun, so be it. ?
    sorry i don't belive in god so i will defend myselfe from any thug with a gun, with a bigger gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivica Rod
    If someone wanted to take my life with a gun, so be it. ?
    sorry i don't belive in god so i will defend myselfe from any thug with a gun, with a bigger gun!
    ex and guns, stay low not get the mest off it v- boonm.

X-mas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vD8W_TcGFo

And, in fact, beter than abba.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion

Bob when you are on your death bed and you are days or hours or minutes away from death are you going to be thinking about guns and firearms or are you going to be praying to God? When was the last time you picked up a Bible and read it?

Have you every been to a country where firearms are prohibited like Japan or China? I have. There is a difference peace in the community. The peace knowing that you are safe because no one has a gun with them but the police. Ask the mothers and fathers whose son or daughter has been killed by a thug with a gun and they will tell you a different story about guns.

All my brothers and father own guns and I don't. When God is in your life you have a peace and freedom that is more powerful than a firearm. If someone wanted to take my life with a gun, so be it. I am ready to leave this living Earth. Are you?

titanium4motion
    Do the cops there shoot as many unarmed people as they do here?

I see the point you are trying to make but I don't see that it really applies. I am totally for thugs not having guns. Sure ban guns, but I doubt it will help that much. Drugs are banned and there are plenty of those. If criminals did not have guns, I wouldn't feel that I needed to have a gun. Until you can assure me that some thug won't rob me and shoot me, I will feel that is right to protect myself from that fate.

No, a realist.
    Bob when you are on your death bed and you are days or hours or minutes away from death are you going to be thinking about guns and firearms or are you going to be praying to God?
    I don't plan on being on a death bed. I'll be in my roll-in shower or backyard with a .45 to my head pulling the trigger.
    When was the last time you picked up a Bible and read it?
    Many, many years ago.
    Have you every been to a country where firearms are prohibited like Japan or China?
    No.
    I have. There is a difference peace in the community. The peace knowing that you are safe because no one has a gun with them but the police.
    Is it a fact that only the police have guns in Japan and China? Get real. I do recall a serious poisonous gas attack in the Japanese subways some years ago. Such a peace loving country.... the one that brought us the second largest terrorist attack in our history, namely Pearl Harbor. If you find such peace and solace in Japan and China then I suggest you move to one of those countries. May I recommend Communist China? In the Communist China police state there is little tolerance towards the Christian religion. Go onward Christian soldier and fulfill "The Great Commission" and evangelize those billion plus souls that are going to your Hell if you have such a strong faith in your Savior Jesus, but more importantly, the guts to do it. Just what I thought, a bunch of chatter, nothing more.

Many of Jesus' 12 Apostles spent years of their lives in Roman prisons writing portions of or the "Letters To The Church Of...." the "Good Book" you so expouse. But no, instead you'll remain safely here in the US where your rights to the freedom of the religion of your choice are guaranteed... and guaranteed through the barrel of a gun. Not from the pages of an old, somewhat historical but mainly fairy-tale, biased account of life in a bygone era and of a single human being, some thought to be a Jewish heretic rabble-rouser named Jesus and through the millennia, became the basis of a cultic religion with countless denominations. All claiming to be the only "true" Christian Church. Isn't that interesting? I'm sure the one you belong to is the "true" Christian Church.

Freedom isn't free.
    Ask the mothers and fathers whose son or daughter has been killed by a thug with a gun and they will tell you a different story about guns.
    And just what story is that? That if their son or daughter was properly trained in the use of firearms, and armed, that they may still be alive today and that the thug who stole their lives from them, would be rightfully dead instead? And by doing so, protecting potential others from their unfortunate fate.
    All my brothers and father own guns and I don't. When God is in your life you have a peace and freedom that is more powerful than a firearm. If someone wanted to take my life with a gun, so be it. I am ready to leave this living Earth.
    Good bye
    Are you? [... ready to leave this living Earth.]
    Yes
    Say whatever you like. Your right to say and write it are protected by the US' First Amendment of The Bill of Rights that have been protected for you through strength of arms. Firearms that is.
    I don't celebrate Christmas. Christmas is nothing more than a Madison Avenue designed "holiday", a multi-national corporate heyday. I wish they'd put some more lead paint in all of those "cheap" toys people like you are buying from Communist China (your "utopia") ... expanding our trade deficit with that wicked regime to over a whopping 200 billion dollars in the year 2005 alone. And it's increasing all the time. Hmm, maybe a President Bush inspired "war tax" would be a good idea. Nah, he tells us to go out and shop... rack up more debt on our credit cards and pay the banks all that interest. And let's pass the debt for his Iraq war onto the children and the grandchildren of the soldiers who are over there fighting, dying and getting fucked up for life. That's right, you enjoy being a paraplegic... I almost forgot. Silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by San Francisco Chronicle - Saturday, February 11, 2006
    Some $201.6 billion of the nation's trade deficit was with China alone, an all-time high for a trade deficit with any country.
    I'm an atheist.

Happy Holidays.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

district of columbia banned all guns in 1979. they have more murders now with guns , under the ban , then before the ban. gun control only hurts the law abiding citizen.
    oh well

The Inquisition...god don't need no guns...FEAR ME!!!!
    nikki
    T6 complete since Oct, 2001
    TiLite ZRa, Spinergy LX 24", Shox Firm tires, 3" volcanic glare rollerblade wheels for casters

Personally, I believe if everyone carried a personal/concealed firearm, it would bring the crime rate down considerably (check out how the crime rate lowered in Florida after they legalized the concealed carry permit). How would criminals know which law-abiding citizen is carrying a concealed weapon, and how could they ensure that they wouldn't get shot? They wouldn't be able to. So long as criminals have access to guns, then how are law abiding citizens supposed to protect themselves?? We'd all be sitting ducks!
    titanium4motion - whatever happened to God helping those who help themselves?
    Live Every Day Like It's Your Last!

C3-C4 and T12-L1 since July 1988