Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Carry a Gun?

I carry a Ruger hammerless SP101 .357 magnum. You can buy a nylon holster with a spring clip that will slip under your sling seat. Works great and it's not visible, and it's within easy reach. I don't often carry in my chair, but the handgun goes on every road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    before you do something of this magnatude please take into the factor of how much use of your hands you have, in my case I could never fire a gun again unless I was to have 2 straps on me ..1)one for to keep my hand closed around the grip ...2) the other to hold the kickback down from hitting me in the forehead...I am not trying to tell you not to, it is your god given right to possess and carry a weapon..just consider the factor, you are disabled and if you were to shoot some one..you think that you are vulnerable now, think how vunerable you would be in prison.
    I can under stand your worry but if you were to go to a DoJo and ask for some training for protection ,it would work out a lot better, plus it would give you more selfconfedence than carrying a gun..As I said you have the right to have and carry but how would others react knowing that you are?
    it's kinda intimadating..I have several guns of my own but those have always been for hunting and home protection. if I couldn't talk my way out of a situation then I had no biz in that position...please think the idea through before you do any thing rash...
    I have full use of my hands. Not really worried about kickback, cuz most likely it'll be a smaller caliber of gun. I've shot my 12 ga many times outta my chair and haven't had any problems. I've grown up with guns my whole life, so I'm not new to them. Heaven forbid I would ever need to use it, but there is always that chance happening... I also am looking at getting the permit/handgun to carry in my truck too.

Thanks for the reply's, I was just wondering if anybody else in a chair has had one.
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

Quote Originally Posted by RSieck
    I have full use of my hands. Not really worried about kickback, cuz most likely it'll be a smaller caliber of gun. I've shot my 12 ga many times outta my chair and haven't had any problems. I've grown up with guns my whole life, so I'm not new to them. Heaven forbid I would ever need to use it, but there is always that chance happening... I also am looking at getting the permit/handgun to carry in my truck too.

Thanks for the reply's, I was just wondering if anybody else in a chair has had one.
    I know several but they wouldn't post it here. That's the idea behind the concealed for them. It is now a self-defense thing. Have you looked into the permit yet? Some states do have an age limit on concealed weapons. I think 21 to 25 is the range I've heard so far unless you're also a law enforcement type. Check your state then start looking for a good holster. Hey, they may not use holsters but the Amish are great with handcrafted and designed leather work. If you have an idea ask in their community.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Sounds good. My neighbor is a gunsmith, so he would know. The closest Amish are about 50 miles away...So chances of me getting up there prolly wont happen, and its not like I could just call them either...lol

Right now I'm just thinking...
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

I am a C 6/7 incomplete and I have had a concealed weapons permit for the last 15 years and plan on having it until they pry my cold dead fingers from it. I carry a Ruger P85 in the stainless double action de-cocker model. This model allows me to carry the pistol cocked and locked with no chance of an accidental discharge due to the hammer falling. If I ever need to use it, all I have to do is get it out of my pack and pull the trigger and rock and roll.

I got my permit while in the chair, no problem. I live in Texas. I bring it with me when I travel to FL. I live on the out skirts of town where I have no neighbors and there is woods all around. Being a woman and it's dark and in a wc I feel very vulnerable. Sometimes it scares me. I have a 380.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

weapon

if you want to carry, just get a nice cushion cover with a heavy duty front pocket. I carried there easily. however in the winter time an NRA jacket with discreet from pocket in the chest works better.

I use a pistol bag with a zipper that I strap underneath the seat of my wheelchair. I carry it all the time. The only problem with using a bag, it makes it hard to get the gun out fast. I have been considering a ankle holster when I go places. I have a cheap Davis .380 semi automatic, its small and easy to use.

I took a concealed carry course about year ago, never sent the payment off to get the actual permit. In Louisiana, it is easy to get a permit as long as you have a clean record and take an approved course. The course I took encourages use of a firearm only as a very last resort. I agree.

I was assailed by 2 men many years ago when I was on a service call by myself. I had a .45 auto under the seat of my service truck and when I pulled it out as a last resort, the bad guys took off. Glad I had it.

I have found that its easier to just strap a fobus to your side and be done with it. Depending on the gun concealment can still be achieved rather easily. Most people arent going to question a small bulge in your shirt. I have a taurus 24/7 full size.
    C5-6 - 22 years