Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Already tired

Every time I look at the cover of that book it freaks me, since Bruce's was a skiing accident. I'll never forget Kate encouraging him to get back on the mountain. I couldn't have. Kate said "If he didn't ski, he wouldn't be Bruce."

I'd have put the boots in the attic!

Anyway -- it's on Amazon, and it's also at
    If you buy via Amazon and you have an account, it's eligible for free shipping (@$25 mark and STAU is around $19.)
    BeeBee

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Every time I look at the cover of that book it freaks me, since Bruce's was a skiing accident. I'll never forget Kate encouraging him to get back on the mountain. I couldn't have. Kate said "If he didn't ski, he wouldn't be Bruce."

I'd have put the boots in the attic!
    lol, the boots are up in the garage next to the box labeled "hospital stuff we hate."

it wasn't a matter of encouraging him, either . . . he was going.

Attachment 18368

within weeks of the 1 yr anniversary he packed 2 preteen girls and golden retriever into our minivan and drove it (w/hand controls) from Seattle to Salt Lake City so he could do training with the guys at Snowbird.

on the 2nd anniversary his whole fam damly came out to go up to Alpental and be on the mountain where he got hurt. the snow that day was classic cascades concrete, and of course it was so foggy you couldn't see shit.

he's not the sort of guy you need to encourage, is what i'm saying!

Quote Originally Posted by ging1218
    So my husband was injured 5 months ago. He's a t7 t8 complete. He's truly wonderful and very considerate. He's as independant as he can be this soon after injury. Under the circumstances, things have been very manageable, almost easy. Too easy????? I don't know why but all of a sudden, I'm feeling rebellious and...jealous. It's so all about him. He's always been such a nice guy that everyone loves him and I feel like I'm just okay. He's great, and well...I'm his wife. Now it's worse... Things are moving so fast with him driving and us getting a new house. I'm feeling out of control and uncomfortable. I'm back at work full time and TIRED already. I'm not tired of him just plain tired. and sad...and lonely. Wehave tons of friends and support but there's noone that would understand me feeling this whiney and selfish....I'm thinking I'll go for counseling. Like I have time for that!
    I think my G/F is feeling that way also, she finally desided to look for a part time job to get her out of the house, she is my care provider but she was told that she can go and find work out side of the home as long as it is no longer than 6 -7 hrs per day. I think that would be best for both of us.. It will give us time a way from each other I think we are starting to drive each other nuts.. I just hope that we can work my Peoria trips in with her schedule if she finds a job...

You've gotten some good advice here ging1218 .... I second and third the councelling idea .. even after almost 10 years I'm thinking of going again myself. Living with sci morph's continually into something different almost daily .. we've learned to become as resilient as we can to survive in "our" world .... but it's a very delicate balancing act maintaining a healthy relationship with a spouse when you're a caregiver too !
    All the best ....

Obieone
    I too have Kate's book although it's no longer as pretty as the picture in her avatar .... its gotten pretty dogeared and even my 13 year old has read it ..... totally relateable ... ????? is that a word ..
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry