Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most fun equipment I've ever had

Most fun equipment I've ever had

Its as much fun to drive as it looks, glad I'm leasing this car, well worth the $300.00 per month, loads of fun.
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 10-21-2007 at 01:02 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee t! This is awesome, Curt! It looks fantastic and quite a chick magnet.
    Daniel

Nice! My favorite color for those cars

Of course as that car is one of those that look totally hot with wheels that have black centers and chrome lips...it's upgrade time!

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida/Mantoloking NJ
    Enjoy !!

Be Big,
    Alan
    L4/L5 CES

www.DRAFT.cc
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1024602574

Messages from Alan Maccini and are produced utilizing voice recognition software. As a result of this on occasion a misrecognition of a word will occur and while spelled correctly will result in an unintended word appearing. We apologize for any errors.

The only upgrades I am doing is to tint the side windows darker, an aluminum overlay dash kit, a Tanabe axle back exhaust and I already changed out the 10 inch subwoofer for a JL Audio and the rear 6.5 inch speakers for JL Audio, I'm a real fan of the JL audio sound, not real crazy about Rockford Fosgate that the car came with.

My only complaints about the car which are minor is that when you really push the car into corners (and it does handle very well) there is a little bit of understeer and the other complaint is it gets a lot of road noise through the suspension.

It is real fun shifting manually once again through the Tiptonic shifter, I've missed shifting all these years, before my injury I use to always drive standard trannys.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Nice! My favorite color for those cars

Of course as that car is one of those that look totally hot with wheels that have black centers and chrome lips...it's upgrade time!
    And less worries about unsightly brake dust.

I kinda like the wheels that are on the car, they are very easy to clean, takes just a couple minutes each wheel, but yes, the brake dust does really show up on them, I find myself cleaning them every couple weeks.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Ok, I'm continuing here in discussing this car from the thread in the life forum.

This car is totally awesome, I am thrilled with it. Its the first car I've owned since my motorcycle days that really brings back memories of that time in my life. Its a total blast to drive especially doing spirited driving shifting with the tiptonic trans. I dont get that kind of connected to the road feeling as I get with this car in either the Mustang GT or the Monte Carlo SS (I think 2007 was the last year for that car, probabley due to the Camaro coming out). For some reason this car gives me a real feeling of speed, maybe its the short wheelbase? I dont know, but its unlike what I have gotten in any other car and I've driven a lot of different cars in my day. It has a very sporty feel to it. Mitsubishi really did its engineering homework with this car.

Heres a R/T driver article that lists 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, I'd say thats more about right. The car is very fast for being as heavy as it is and it feels very responsive, the motor revs super fast. http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=2213 R/T summed it up best in the last paragraph of the the article saying that this car is most refined, I'd agree with that statement for sure. The car is very tight and rigid, the controls are very user friendly and the car is super comfortable. I did a drive to Pittsburg a while back, 12 hours straight and it was even more comfortable than my cadillac.

I really am not troubled very much by the torque steer of front wheel drive, then again I'm use to it from my old 300 hp Northstar eldorado. One things for sure, you are thankful having front wheel drive when it snows. This car is practical as a year round car. If I had a Z or a Stang, I'd probabley put those cars away for the winter.

To be fair, the tires make a huge difference R/T's test car was equipted with the Goodyear RSA's which suck, I have the Bridgestone Potenza tires on mine which makes the car stick to the road like glue, but generating much more road noise and giving more of a harsh ride than the Goodyears, but well worth the Sacrifice. I have the RSA's on my truck and hate them, it handles horrible with those tires. So I'm sure the Skid pad numbers would be much better with the Potenzas.

I just put the Tanabe exhaust on today and it sounds very cool, very low deep tone. Very nice growl to it. Nice looking too, real good chrome plating, I'll post a picture of it.

Yes Andy, one of my friends put a wideband to his and he was coming out between 9 and 10 to 1. So there is lots of horsepower to be had there by leaning it out which is a good thing. Mits was just being utra conservative in setting it up this way as they know most people beat the piss out of these cars and that brings me to the last and biggest reason why I'm glad I bought this car over a ford or a gm.

Reliability. These cars are hands down one of the most reliable cars on the road. I got tired of living at car dealerships with other cars over the years. This car is rock solid, I dont anticipate any problems. I dont think I'd be able to say the same with either a Mustang or a Monte Carlo, been there done that and no more.

Even with my Chevy truck, I try to keep the miles down on it as I know its going to break, although I do like the truck and its a great wheelchair vehicle.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 10-22-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee
    This car is totally awesome, I am thrilled with it. Its the first car I've owned since my motorcycle days that really brings back memories of that time in my life.
    That has been the reason I have been considering a sports car. But I'm wondering why you didn't choose a roadster.

Nothing can replace the feeling of speed and flying out in the open like a motorcycle, but on 4 wheels I think it has to be at least a convertible.

I like the Miata or the Solstice. I used to have a '63 MGB.

Quote Originally Posted by ala
    That has been the reason I have been considering a sports car. But I'm wondering why you didn't choose a roadster.

Nothing can replace the feeling of speed and flying out in the open like a motorcycle, but on 4 wheels I think it has to be at least a convertible.

I like the Miata or the Solstice. I used to have a '63 MGB.
    Yes, ala, good point, I am regretting a little bit not getting the rag top at this point, that would be a real lot of fun driving that.

The main reason why I did not, is due to the fact the car is not garaged, I keep my truck in the garage as I generally leave my handcycle in the bed and dont what it to get wet.

I was kinda nervous about water leaks and that kind of thing. Plus there is much more wind noise when the top is up than with the hard top.

The good thing is my car has a huge sunroof which gives a litttle bit of a feeling of a convertible.

The main reason I started this tread is that a sports car is something for SCI persons to consider, heck even if I were a high level quad I'd consider a sports car even if I had to have somebody else drive it and load me in and even rode as a passenger. Its a lot of fun.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred