Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: OS X Leopard 10/26/07

OS X Leopard 10/26/07

Its here. Coming out 10/26/07 (Friday). Who's buying? http://www.apple.com/

Will you be first to the store, or will you wait? (and why)

I've been waiting to purchase a new laptop until this came out. It looks really nice, but I'm hoping my parents will make me wait til Christmas....then I don't have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlieQCarrie
    I've been waiting to purchase a new laptop until this came out.
    Mee too! Hi Carrie! I hope we all have a good discussion on this here. I need to make the right descision and weigh all reasoning-

I just bought an iMac on Thursday. This thing runs like a dream! Because I bought it after the release date for Leopard was announced, I'm entitled to a free upgrade when it comes out next week.

Do Apple laptops have docking stations like PC laptops? Prolly a dumb question, but....... I have a Sony monitor that is the price of a child I love too much and want to usev as well as peripherals really a pain to unplug-

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    LOL - $300 FUGLY.....

It would take a lot of plugging and unplugging power, DVI, and USB to make $300 worthwhile

As implied, I have an extra power brick (which you would need for this device too). I plug that in, Network, DVI for video, and a USB connector that connects to a Hub for keyboard, video, mouse, shuttle pro, external hard drive, etc. No big deal.

Even easier if you use wireless networking, keyboard, and mouse.

-- JB

Quote Originally Posted by christopher
    I just bought an iMac on Thursday. This thing runs like a dream! Because I bought it after the release date for Leopard was announced, I'm entitled to a free upgrade when it comes out next week.
    Marry me now!
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Quote Originally Posted by christopher
    Hello Christopher,

I have the few questions if you don't mind. Did you get the 20 inch iMac or the 24 inch iMac? Is this the iMac with the new aluminum enclosure or the old type, all white plastic? I have some concerns with this new glossy screen (glare/reflection).

Thanks and congratulations!

Apple Discussions Forum and the topic is Screen Irregularities.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by JustinB
    LOL - $300 FUGLY.....

It would take a lot of plugging and unplugging power, DVI, and USB to make $300 worthwhile

As implied, I have an extra power brick (which you would need for this device too). I plug that in, Network, DVI for video, and a USB connector that connects to a Hub for keyboard, video, mouse, shuttle pro, external hard drive, etc. No big deal.

Even easier if you use wireless networking, keyboard, and mouse.

-- JB
    I totally agree. If Apple had a nice clean solution, that would be different. But this thing is just fugly, expensive and a pain to line up with 6+ ports. A USB or firewire hub does most of the same thing.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber