Thread: Urine output

Urine output

I have been on Ditropan XL for a short time and because it is a low dose, I have not needed to cath but have been able to go on my own. What I have noticed recently is that my urine output seems to have been reduced. It seems that I am urinating less then I have been drinking. Just to check, I have been doing spot checks of retention by cathing and have not had anymore then 100ccs retained. Since I have BPH,my urologist has not considered that very much. Is this something I should be concerned about?

mike

REMEMBER MIKE, JUST BECAUSE U DRINK A 32OZ GLASS OF WATER DOES NOT MEAN U WILL PEE 32 OZ'S. SOMETIMES YOUR BODY NEEDS MORE LIQUID FOR YOUR DIGESTION AND EVERYTHING ELSE. OOPS CAPS ON

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

You should keep an eye on your residual on a regular basis (cath once weekly, for example) to be sure that the amount is staying low. If you should have more frequent UTIs, then this should also be re-evaluated. A "normal" residual is less than 30 cc., but often 100 cc. is accepted for those with neurogenic bladders.

(KLD)