Thread: Obituary: Quickie P200.

Obituary: Quickie P200.

It is with some regret that I must report the death of a classic--the Quickie P200. Although I have never met anyone who actually used it as a manual wheelchair with the conversion kit, the P200 indeed broke new ground in high performance rear wheel drive powerchairs. They tried to kill it off a few years back, but it was resurrected as a result of protests by loyal users. I'm afraid that this report of it's death, however, is unlikely to prove premature.

The P200 is survived by two children--the Quickie P220 and P222 SE.

PN: Perhaps you would like to give the eulogy?

YEA, i've heard a few good reviews on this chair. i'm sure it'll be missed.

ohh, sci-otr. did ya see my post about the cog on my zra?

where's the wake?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I got mine in 1997 and it's going strong. Good habits die hard

1994 p-200

I had mine since 1994 and still running strong. I have tried a couple other chairs but nothing compares to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    It is with some regret that I must report the death of a classic--the Quickie P200. Although I have never met anyone who actually used it as a manual wheelchair with the conversion kit, the P200 indeed broke new ground in high performance rear wheel drive powerchairs. They tried to kill it off a few years back, but it was resurrected as a result of protests by loyal users. I'm afraid that this report of it's death, however, is unlikely to prove premature.

The P200 is survived by two children--the Quickie P220 and P222 SE.

PN: Perhaps you would like to give the eulogy?
    Very old OP I know but I also had a P200. Ran it for almost 7 years and through everything that could be imagined. Great chair and yes, I did try it in the manual confuguration. I had the kit. It was a bad idea or a good idea IF you had no other option. In the manual configuration you were left with what I would guess was at least a 45lb manual chair. It worked.

I only gave up using the great P200 because I was getting older and couldn't take the rough ride and because the thing was so bloody loud. I could hardly have a conversation with someone while I was moving. Bulletproof though, every single part and turned in such a tiny space you would have thought it was a mid-wheel. Great chair. Never did try the successors.

i have a 1991 p300 with about 2km on it, never used, holds my clothes well

Quote Originally Posted by RJC View Post
    i have a 1991 p300 with about 2km on it, never used, holds my clothes well
    I remember it well. When I had my P200 my friend had the P300. Big wheels. He seemed happy enough with it. I've never had a chair that ran as well as the P200.

A tad slower than a P200 or P222SE but a very capable outdoor chair. Look for a new thread soon...