Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to patch a roho?

how to patch a roho?

I have a small hole in mine near the base of one of the bubbles. I brought it to my local bike shopand the guy put a bike tire patch on it. That didnt work. My friend says its because he didnt patch with the same material and my cussion was stretching more than the patch. Anyone reccomend something i can get at home depot for a patch?
    I know they will take it back and reair/replace it. Ive done it in the past. Takes tooo long to get back.
    Thanks
    B
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

Mine came with a patch. It was in the directions manual (the actual patch piece) . Do you still have that somewhere? Otherwise, what about Goop? I haven;t tried it for the roho, but have patvhed up a lot of other stuff with it.

Just looked and sportaid has patch kits for $3 .... they ship really fast. (Not sure what the shipping charge is, probably more than the patch.)
    Last edited by sjean423; 11-03-2007 at 03:31 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

with my old one i used duck tape and a tire patch lol but i got so many holes i gave up and just bought a new roho LOL. My old one looked like shit but it worked for a while but it wasn't pretty looking hahahahaha.

I just recently had mine sent back under its three-year warranty due to problems with holes. They completely restore it and send it back within two or three weeks.

OK, so don't laugh, but it works....My new one got a hole in it, I don't know how, looks like it was cut with a pair of scissors, I didn't have scissors anywhere NEAR the center of my cushion...especially not coming from the bottom, up...I dunno....ANYWAY, I needed a quick fix, couldn't find my patch kit...SOOOOO I had a tegaderm dressing sitting around...I used that, trimmed it to fit so that it wasn't wrinkled up on the top of the cell...It's worked BEAUTIFULLY....I seriously abuse my cushion too....SOOOO I'd say that a Tegaderm is a good quick fix if ya can't afford to be without it to send off to Roho or wait for a patch kit to come in...I need to order a patch kit so that if/when this "fix" does give out I've got a perm patch ready to go...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I like it B'Wing!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

A good solution to a patch problem is using Gorilla Tape as the patch itself. If you're not familiar with Gorilla Tape it FAR stronger than Duct tape and can hold a cinder brick/block suspended tape to anothercinder brick/block without falling/ripping off. It uses a special adhesive compound which expands 3-4 times its original size. I have a ROHO cushion and I have...had to 2 holes which cause no problems yet. (knock on wood)

I was flying recently and those stupid TSA dum-dums took my "Shoe Goo" and my Roho patch kit.......no gels, liquids or flammables. I'll check out Gorilla Tape....think it will allowed on a flight? lol. Of course if it's leaking from the valve....forgetaboutit.

I still have a patch kit from my old Jay cushion that I plan on using when my Roho springs a leak. There is a very thin clear piece of tape in this kit that looks like it would seal a hole up pretty good. You might try contacting Sunrise Medical and see if you can get one of these patch kits and try it on your Roho.

Otherwise, I'd see if the Roho company will fix it for you if its still under the 3 year warranty.

Jessie

Call roho directly and ask for a pacth kit
    If they can not help
    we can exchange information and I will send you a couple of repair kits