Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to go for US tour??how i proceed?

I want to go for US tour??how i proceed?

Hello Frds,

I posted once dont know why didnt showed up..neways ....i m really confused and blank abt tour worldwide..i really wish for world tour but i m very skeptical abt india tours travels agents facilitating our requirements like hotels accessiable, places, cruises and many things from airport to usa airport...i did contact gate1 and bmit travels who organize tours for us having all facilities like accessiablity, vehicle and no hurdles..

Please advise how i proceed for abroad tour ? how u all manage tours? i mean individually with family or tours ie. groups?...pls give me ideas, references, recommendations of nething that come to ur mind..any travel companies who organize the best??

Thanks a lot in advance!

Smile

If you can decide which cities or areas you most want to see in the US there are often guidebooks designed specifically for the disabled, that will tell you everything from accessible hotels, restaurants, museums, and so forth. Most major cities have some sort of transport available in the form of wheelchair taxis. Some cities, like Washington DC (a great tourist site) has a totally acessible public transportation system. You can take the trains or buses there. Atlanta (Georgia), too, has a great rail system that is accessible, and I think San Francisco (California) does too. Most of the major hotels that are numerous across the US have access, so think in terms of hotels such as Holiday Inn, Hilton, Sheraton, Guest Quarters Suite, Marriot, and many others. I would be more than willing to try to get some information to you if you know where it is you might like to go.

If you can go with family, they'll be the most reliable imo. Do you drive? It is ind of essential to drive or have a driver to tour the US. We have few trains, buses suck (if you can even get on them!) For instance, in my city the passenger train only goes to Dallas. The East Coast has the most trains.

Sharpsourcing looks like a spammer to me. No SCI according to profile, and all their posts (all today) really say nothing.

(KLD)

I'm removing Sharpsourcing's post because it appears to be spam .

I also removed Dodo's post because it has nothing to do with this topic .

Thank you ,
    Dogger
    Last edited by dogger; 10-18-2007 at 04:41 PM.
    Every day I wake up is a good one .

Where are you planning to visit? In times past, my overseas relatives first come to stay with us and then we go as a group and make travel arrangements within the country.

I am sorry to go OT here, but I had opportunity to visit your country (I went to Chennai on holiday this past summer). It is very beautiful and scenic and the airport was quite accessible.
    Last edited by dan_nc; 10-19-2007 at 04:18 PM.
    Daniel

I've never booked a trip through this gentleman, but his website has some great photos of accessibility in different locations. Although he's Canadian, he seems to have travelled the world!
    http://www.worldonwheelz.com/

If you're travelling through the US, I'd stay away from December through March - at least through the northern parts unless you like snow!

I'm not American, but I'm guessing the most accessible areas would be Washington DC, California and Florida. I'm partial to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire as I've seen them for myself and they were quite beautiful - green and hilly - especially Vermont.

If I was going, there's a few things I wouldn't want to miss. David keeps bothering me about having to see Yellowstone National Park. I'd want to drive Big Sur in California. Grand Canyon. New York City. Florida.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thank you all for replies...but i am confused to go in tour or with family frds...have to arrange ethg and i m not well versed with the places of usa so first i did better do a homework...i hope in abroad all hotels are accessiable...i m also tensed how i will travel? here i hv vehicle of mine where my wheelchair gets fits in....

i m tensed up...

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    I've never booked a trip through this gentleman, but his website has some great photos of accessibility in different locations. Although he's Canadian, he seems to have travelled the world!
    http://www.worldonwheelz.com/

If you're travelling through the US, I'd stay away from December through March - at least through the northern parts unless you like snow!

I'm not American, but I'm guessing the most accessible areas would be Washington DC, California and Florida. I'm partial to Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire as I've seen them for myself and they were quite beautiful - green and hilly - especially Vermont.

If I was going, there's a few things I wouldn't want to miss. David keeps bothering me about having to see Yellowstone National Park. I'd want to drive Big Sur in California. Grand Canyon. New York City. Florida.
    hey lyniffer, great site...i emailed him to know abt more...i wanted such tour agents...thank a lot..hope this works.

I noticed they're having some group tours this year to Spain, an African safari (I'd love that), Ireland and Egypt too (I'd that as well!)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12