Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Pimp my Ride"

Shaun, where did you get those rims!!!!!!?????

I want

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

november - check out www.sportaid.com They've got lots of different stuff.

Side note - I had these wheels/rims about two years ago. I changed them out because they were extremely flexy. Just my personal experience - I'd try them out first before purchase.

Oh, and another reason some people use spoke guards is to protect their clothing from dirty wheels, tires, etc.

November- There X-Cores with some some fancy decaling

Side note-I put these wheels/rims on about three years ago.I changed them because they were less flexy,easier to keep clean and less maintenace than spokes.Just my personal experience-Try everything out first before you purchase.

~We must save the princess,or die trying~..Mickey Mouse

I've got a set of X-Cores too; I wouldn't call them *extremely* flexy, but they're not as stiff as some. If you try a set out, have someone grab one wheel & lift it off the ground by a couple inches or so (you'll feel like they could tip you over sideways ). You'll see the flex on the wheel getting all the weight. That being said, I don't feel it's bad. It's just a matter of preference.

Chris used to mountain bike, and so did I, so I understand where he's coming from. There was a mountain bike wheel on the market eight or nine or so years ago with the exact same design as the X-Cores called "Spin" -- while they looked cool, they didn't hold their ground performance-wise to lightweight spoked rims, and for that reason didn't last long on the market.

However, if anyone here uses a WC to give wheels the same caliber of beating as mountain bikers, I'll seriously be in awe.

My long drawn out point: there's nothing the matter w/ using X-Cores on a WC, IMO

Do you guys get all the women with those?

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

If thats what your lookin for Nov,then yes the X-Core is the way to go.One look at those tri carbon fibre spokes and women melt like butter.

~We must save the princess,or die trying~..Mickey Mouse

This is the wheels for girls

http://www.panthera.se/jamnews/stori...635619516.html

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69.

I think these new wheels look cooler than the X-cores. might be heavier tho. Karma Carbon Fiber

Originally posted by november:

Do you guys get all the women with those?
    all but the trashy ones with poor taste.

(honestly I'm more partial to the SPOX.)

[This message was edited by scott pruett on 09-17-04 at 09:23 PM.]

I guess I'm just a chair dork. I dunno what is cool and what is not. I know it is totally up to the individual and what makes you "cool" is being confident and all that jazz that yo momma told you. I have the bicycle-type-wheels because that is what was offered to me by the guy who helped me order my first chair. that smuck also measured me wrong and gave me no other options than Quickie. I can bitch 'bout it all I want, but I guess it was a learning experience, eh?

I do like the look of the spox wheels. they kinda have a simple elegance appearance.

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay