Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Pimp my Ride"

"Pimp my Ride"

ok, so I admit I sometimes catch myself watching "Pimp My Ride" or "Overhaulin". I 'm just curious if they did a "Pimp my chair" what would you wish for?

" The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

I would want a custom paintjob with butterflies and wind done in all the colours of the rainbow. Custom 'upholstery' too. And maybe make my powerchair street legal? I really wish they would overhaul my big ass Ford Van!
    I watch What Not to Wear and wish they would do a person in a wheelchair.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon

Originally posted by Emi:

I watch What Not to Wear and wish they would do a person in a wheelchair.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon
    me too! I dunno if I would like to hear what they have to say 'bout my fashion. but, I'd love to hear it anyhow.

- Alan Kay

I want my ride pimped but you need to live in CA!!!

My buddy sent me this pic a while ago. The guy has the same rims on his truck and chair. I thought this was "PIMP"

JOE

hahaha, that's great

Emi, you could do this partially with custom spoke guards for your manual chair:

http://www.spokeguardart.com/

(KLD)

I was thinking of making a pimp full-polish TiLite ZR with some fancy wheels similar to the ones on the photo below from Glance Wheels...

Glance Wheels

Then again, I really dont want too much attention paid to the chair, and they are heavier than your typical Spinergies detracting from the ultralight chair concept, so I dont know, but it is an idea.

ok, so maybe I'm a newbie. but, exactly what is the functional purpose of spoke guards? I've often wondered this, but never asked. what better time than the present?

Andy- that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the picture of that guy's wheels below. "HOW HEAVY THOSE MUST BE!!!!"

keep these coming. I never knew there were options like these out there. I'm kinda like you Andy, I am a simple gal and want my chair to be the last thing you notice about me. ( I doubt that is possible. but, a gurl can wish, eh?) but, I love seeing the options and what other wheelers are doing to pimp their wheels.

- Alan Kay

I am pretty simple too when it comes to my chair. I opted out of getting the caster wheels that lightup when you roll when I first got my chair. Dont' need the extra attention.. you already get enough being in a chair. A women I was in rehab with got them because her children liked them though.

JOE