Thread: Hoyer Lift Rental

Hoyer Lift Rental

Hello
    I've been a member of this group for a couple of years... I don't post much but
    I read most of the post when I can... I was wondering if there was anyone out there
    in the New York, New Jersey area who might know where to rent a hoyer lift... My
    husband and I will be going on our first vacation since his injury 3 years ago...
    We will be staying at the Sheraton in East Rutherford, NJ but have not had any success
    finding a rental Hoyer lift... The hotel was not able to assist us with coordinating
    this effort... Our DME company was not able to make a referral either... Does anyone
    know if insurance pays for this.... We don't use one at home because we had a Ceiling
    lift installed on our own...

Any info would be helpful..

Thanks...
    Carmen
    Soulmate to Marvin C3 Vented, 3 years post....

Keep in mind that Hoyer is a brand name. When you call around to find a rental, ask for a patient lift instead. Hoyer is actually one of the least user friendly (and safe) lifts. I would ask about Arjo, Liko or other brands if you want to mention a brand. Nearly all DMEs rent some brand of patient lift.

Try these resources:

Clayton Adaptive Rehab Equipment
    1861 Hooper Ave.
    Toms River,NJ 08753
    Phone........908-255-8700

Community Surgical
    9 Hospital Drive
    Toms River, NJ 08755
    Phone........732-349-1400

Kirson Medical Equipment
    2516 Fire Road
    Egg Harbor Twp., NJ 08234
    Phone........609-641-3500

Lincoln Pharmacy & Medical
    1226 Atlantic Ave.
    Atlantic City, NJ 08401
    Phone........609-348-3113

We have a ceiling track lift at home too, but we have a travel lift we use for traveling. There are 2-3 good ones on the market. It sure has made travel easier for us.

(KLD)