Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Price of Gasoline checkup for October 2007

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    how the hell do you afford to go any where over there at those prices?
    I don't I haven't had a car for two years. And since the buses are not for wheel chairs, I wheel everywhere around in Oslo. I am in very good condition and my chair is wrecked in 8-10 months Then I need a new one but I don't have to pay for it
    TH 12, 43 years post

  2. #22
    Senior Member darrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Macomb, Il
    Posts
    2,063
    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    I don't I haven't had a car for two years. And since the buses are not for wheel chairs, I wheel everywhere around in Oslo. I am in very good condition and my chair is wrecked in 8-10 months Then I need a new one but I don't have to pay for it
    I can't drive but I have my G/F drive me to the Dr.'s , it may cost us $60.00/ mo. but we don't go any where unnessesary. I have seen it up to $3.42/gal. and I was having a fit over that, I could not emagine $9.00/gal (might as well bury me at $6.00 because I'll have a heart attack while having a fit.

  3. #23

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    I can't drive but I have my G/F drive me to the Dr.'s , it may cost us $60.00/ mo. but we don't go any where unnessesary. I have seen it up to $3.42/gal. and I was having a fit over that, I could not emagine $9.00/gal (might as well bury me at $6.00 because I'll have a heart attack while having a fit.
    First time for years I've been without car. But I have had only small ones using little gasolin. Now I need a big one with a lift and it is so expensive to drive, I am not sure if I want one. So I am thinking and thinking, a car is nice in the winther and if I want to go any other place than Oslo.
    TH 12, 43 years post

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    8,272
    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    Now I need a big one with a lift and it is so expensive to drive, I am not sure if I want one. So I am thinking and thinking, a car is nice in the winther and if I want to go any other place than Oslo.
    Sorry for questioning, but you are t12 incomplete .... can you transfer into the seat of a car? I transfer in, and then put the w/c into the car. No need for big car with lift. In drivers seat, it is tricky to break down the chair and put it into the passenger seat, but just takes some practice. If I am in the passenger seat, I have who ever is driving pop the chair in the back.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    Sorry for questioning, but you are t12 incomplete .... can you transfer into the seat of a car? I transfer in, and then put the w/c into the car. No need for big car with lift. In drivers seat, it is tricky to break down the chair and put it into the passenger seat, but just takes some practice. If I am in the passenger seat, I have who ever is driving pop the chair in the back.
    I can tranfer without any problems. The problem is the Governments rules about cars for disable people. We get two kinds of cars, small ones who are too small for putting a chair inside or big car like Mercedes Vito with lift. It is about money, not for me, but for them. I do not pay anything anyway because I only have a small disability paycheck. Like the gasolin the cars are expensive too. The Mercedes Vito is about $ 100 000 before they start to rebuild it. I can't find a small car who is big enough for the chair for the price of $ 20 000 and that's what they give me if I want a small car.

    Honestly, I do not understand the politics in the cars for disable people. I had a car, a Toyota Yaris Verso, but they did not want to rebuild it for my chair and for hand controls.

    The nice thing is that I do not have to pay for the car, the bad thing is that I don't have any choice for the car I want. I wanted a station wagon with a pilot behind to put the chair in since I can't lift the car in behind anymore because I lost the ability of walking. And that is too expensive, but the Mercedes is much more money. So now I let them waste their money on the Mercedes since they did not want to rebuild the old one.

    And I have to have the car for 12 years. And in 12 years I am 65 and I don't know my condition at that age since I am getting worse all the time.

    This is very rigid rules and nobody understand them, but there is nothing I can do as long as I don't have the money to pay for the car myself. And if I bought an old cheap car, I still have to keep it for 12 years because they rebuild it.
    TH 12, 43 years post

  7. #27
    Regular $2.57 and Super $2.72 at the super stop and shop in fall river Mass, lower gas taxes in Mass than R.I. Elsewhere, about a dime to 25 cents more.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

  8. #28
    Senior Member dogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Mitchell , Qld. Australia
    Posts
    2,239
    Firstly , here are some liquid conversion factors . 3.79 litres = 1 US Gal , 4.54 litres = 1 Imp Gal , 1.2 Us Gals = 1 Imp Gal . And current exchange rates of the US$ . US $1 = A $1.11 = €0.70 = CAD $0.97 = GBP 0.49 .

    I bought 1900 [1150 unleaded petrol & 750 diesel] litres of fuel yesterday for a total of A$2,527.29 [US$2,268.83] . Unleaded was A$1.307 per litre and diesel A$1.365 per litre . this works out at unleaded US$4.446/USGal and diesel US$4.644/US Gal [I think my maths is pretty close] . Luckily this was not my normal fuel order of 6 - 10,000 litres .
    Every day I wake up is a good one .

  9. #29
    Senior Member wheelchairTITAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oakville, ON ... Just North of the 43rd Parallel, SocialistLand
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by dogger
    Firstly , here are some liquid conversion factors . 3.79 litres = 1 US Gal , 4.54 litres = 1 Imp Gal , 1.2 Us Gals = 1 Imp Gal . And current exchange rates of the US$ . US $1 = A $1.11 = €0.70 = CAD $0.97 = GBP 0.49 .

    I bought 1900 [1150 unleaded petrol & 750 diesel] litres of fuel yesterday for a total of A$2,527.29 [US$2,268.83] . Unleaded was A$1.307 per litre and diesel A$1.365 per litre . this works out at unleaded US$4.446/USGal and diesel US$4.644/US Gal [I think my maths is pretty close] . Luckily this was not my normal fuel order of 6 - 10,000 litres .
    Stop drinking that stuff like it is alcohol dogger then you won't need 6000 litres a week
    Last edited by wheelchairTITAN; 10-15-2007 at 11:59 PM.

    William

    ... rolling since 1989
    ...

    BE NICE!It's free

    P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

    TWITTER: @MacBerry

  10. #30
    Senior Member darrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Macomb, Il
    Posts
    2,063
    lady from Europe, sorry to here that, but if the government is willing to pay for the vehicle, I myself would go for the luxury and comfort of a mercedes even if it did suck up more fuel, and if properly maintained it can last much longer than 12 years. we just retired our grand caravan and it is a 1990 with 3.3 liter 178,000mile we could put money into it but here in Illinois they salt the roads and we battle rust real bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •