Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So Tired

So Tired

I have just spent another loney weekend sat mu bloodpressure so low i had plan to go to conyers to a horseshow but woke up to weak to move. my caretaker brought me some sufed it kicked in about about 6pm . i am so tired of not feeling good never getting to do anything my friends yeah they never call , my son and i work together 60hrs a week that my only life and reading.
    i haven/t been out to dinner with my son and his wife or mutal fiends in almost a yr.i haven/t been invited to my sons home since his wesindding in june. althought her aunt comes up and stay and i help pay for house.
    i used to be pretty postive but i am really staring to think about just going away.i feel useless unless i am working i used to have a life now its totally boring i think to my self all the postive. but i guess i am having a pity party
    i just want to scream i am 57 yrs old and this isn/t want i wanted . i haven/t been hugged except by my mom in 7 yrs. i guess it boils down to i am so lonely

thanks for listening

Vickylynn, hey!!!

I think you need a friendship hug here...{{{Vickylynn}}}...

I am sure sad to hear that life so rough for you right now...

You sure live in a pretty state... I have friends in the surburbs of Atlanta...and I have visited there several times over the years...

I'm glad you like to read...me too!

I'm not sci, but have a birth defect of hip/arthritis, so I sort of know how it feels to slow down...whether you want to or not...

You are not alone, Vickylynn! There are people who care what happens to you, I promise!!!

If we lived closer I would insist that we do lunch immediately...

I'm a good listener, and I will listen anytime...

Take care and God bless!

Teena

Ohhhh my!!! I forgot to say I hope the sudafed helped and that you feel better quickly!!! I have battled a headcold this week, to the point that I took one day off of work...and I had to stay home from church this a.m. because I spent the night coughing my head off...sighhhhhh....

I think it's the weather...don't you?

I'm not a horse freak like you, but my cousin is...when she was younger she won lots of awards in horse shows... I went to several as a child, and it was always fun...

Sorry you had to miss the show, but just wait till the next one you see...it will be twice the fun...

Teena

So sorry that you are feeling so poorly. I have been there too. It is hard to climb out of that slump.

I got together with a friend a few weeks ago, and we agreed that we NEED to pick up the phone and call one another more often. Both of us were feeling lonely, and the only reason was that we did not pick up the phone and make plans to get together.

Maybe it is our age? Younger people do it all the time. Us 50 year olds just seem to sit and wait for something to happen, instead of making it happen.

Feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by vickylynn
    I have just spent another loney weekend sat mu bloodpressure so low i had plan to go to conyers to a horseshow but woke up to weak to move. my caretaker brought me some sufed it kicked in about about 6pm . i am so tired of not feeling good never getting to do anything my friends yeah they never call , my son and i work together 60hrs a week that my only life and reading.
    i haven/t been out to dinner with my son and his wife or mutal fiends in almost a yr.i haven/t been invited to my sons home since his wesindding in june. althought her aunt comes up and stay and i help pay for house.
    i used to be pretty postive but i am really staring to think about just going away.i feel useless unless i am working i used to have a life now its totally boring i think to my self all the postive. but i guess i am having a pity party
    i just want to scream i am 57 yrs old and this isn/t want i wanted . i haven/t been hugged except by my mom in 7 yrs. i guess it boils down to i am so lonely

thanks for listening
    VickyLynn,

I'm sorry that you are unhappy. Perhaps you can call your son or friends and invite them out to eat instead of waiting for them to call? I can understand that you are worried about coercing them to go when they don't want to go. If you make it a pleasant time though, maybe they will want to do it more often! Also, it sounds like you might be getting depressed (I mean more than just the blues). Is it possible for you to talk to a doctor and see if you can be screened for depression? I was severly depressed for a few months after my accident, so keep hope that things will get better. It's just sometimes you have to be more proactive than what is comfortable, if you know what I mean. Don't give up or move away or anything like that.

b'shalom,
    Sean
    p.s. 60 hours of work a week is a lot. You might be physically burning yourself out too!

Maybe it is the age. I am tired too and I am not working, But I am bored and I am too tired to make parties and full dinner to many people. I don't see my big children either, one is too busy with working and his master degree and the other has left too another part of Norway and visit maybe twice a year. And her house is not accessibe so I can't visit her either.
    And I don't have a car either, I have been waiting two years to get it. And with the snow and winther, I get lonely and bored. I think I have used all my energy on the three children. I don't know if it is anything left.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I am so sorry that you are feeling so down. It was very hard for me when I had to stop working, and for awhile I felt the same that you do now, that I was useless. That was a few years ago, and it has come around to now being very grateful I do not have to work any longer, as it was taking everything I had to keep going day after day. I am lonelier now by far though, as most of my friends were work connected. It is difficult to have to spend so much time and limited energy just to take care of physical things that once were so simple. I think the idea of a depression screening makes sense. It is nothing to be ashamed about if you are even remotely thinking that it might. Please hang in there. I wish we were in the same state, as we could be lunch buddies, but you have friends here, even if you and I have never met. There are lots of people here who care, and who understand too.

vickylynn, sorry to hear about the blues ... hope things get better!
    Daniel

I don't know about Vickylynn, but I feel better just hearing from other aging women. Wish you all were closer. We could have some fun lunch dates! How about pouring a cup of coffee and meeting in the chat room some morning for a few minutes?

Now that I think about it, maybe Dr. Young could create a forum for those of us who are aging with SCI? I would enjoy a forum where those of us who are aging with SCI could share our specific needs.

Our kids are now adults, and on their own. Yet here, on CC we have to wade through volmunes of "kid" stuff to get information that might be of help to those of us who are aging. We need a forum of our own. It would be a help to the "youngsters" who will eventually be aging with SCI, too.

What do you think about a forum for aging with SCI?