Thread: What's the next for my mother's recovery

What's the next for my mother's recovery

I have posted one last year, since my mother fell down and her lumbar spine was seriously damaged, it's already one year, now she can walk with assist of crutch, she always have paralytic feeling on her legs, her legs are not strong enough to walk.

We have checked, Dr said her nerve has recovered about 30%. I want to know in such a situation, how can I remove the paralytic feeling, and hong long it takes for her nerve to have a 90% or complete recovery?

Much appreciated for any help!

Most of the healing that is going to occur, happens in the first year. After that the healing continues but at a very slow rate.

The most important this now is to prevent complications like bed sores, joint problems and things like that. If she can't turn herself in bed, someone needs to help her turn often (every two hours is the usual standard here). If she can't move her legs, someone should help her move the so that the joints stay supple and mobile.

I'm sorry that there isn't more that you can do to help her now.

RAB

Thanks, I think she have a good recovery, except she can't walk without any aid, and there are paralytical feeling, she is normal.

The Dr said she has to keep exercise, should we keep massaging her on her leg. what kind of exercise is best?

Thanks