Thread: Tilite Zra '' C ''

Tilite Zra '' C ''

Im getting a new chair... What are the pros and cons of the '' C '' Package??

The pros and cons of a tapered seat? The pros and cons of a V - Front End??

Though if you have a 11.5'' footrest wouldn't the front end be a V Front end anyway?

If you are ordering from Sportaid, then for just $100 more, the C pkg is a good deal. With the C pkg, you will be able to get the tapered seat or V front end, or both. You will be able to choose footrest width in 1/2" increments instead of just 2 or 3 footrest width options without the C pkg. The tension adjustable by straps seat is standard with the C pkg, without the C pkg, the tension adjustable by strap seat is more than $100 more alone, so mine as well go with the C. If you prefer the look of the tapered front end, then go without the C pkg.

I dont really see a con with the tapered seat, although it makes the chair look more "slim" which some people like (the females). If you have frogging problems with your legs, then the tapered seat will help out with that. For a male, I think tapered seat is kinda bad, because it holds your thighs closer together which is bad for the nut sack, lol. Also you might need a custom shaped cushion for the tapered seat.

Tapered or V front end is just personal preference, just a matter of looks. Although tapered front end can also correct frogging problems too.

Quote Originally Posted by MADPRODUCER
    Though if you have a 11.5'' footrest wouldn't the front end be a V Front end anyway?
    If you specify for the C pkg, then it will be a V front end, if not, then it will be a tapered front end. Without the C pkg, tapered front end will be standard. Just to let you know, the front seat width and the footrest width is measured differently; front seat width is measured from the outside of the seat tube to the outside of the opposite seat tube, and the footrest width is measured from the inside of the front frame tube to the inside of the opposite front frame tube.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

ok

I will not be getting a tapered front end. I like to relax,lol..

So the V Front end basically is about a custom footrest? I thinking I would need a 11.5.

So the front end will v anyway right? without the c package?
    hell im lost w this..
    you have problems with the tension adjustable seat?
    w/out C PKG the tapered is standard?

I think you are a bit confused about what tapered seat, tapered front end and V front end is. Here I'll explain it to you with pictures.

"Tapered" Seat

The above is what a tapered seat is. Tapered seat is when the front seat width is narrower than the rear seat width.

"Tapered" Front End

Tapered Front End is where the front end (the 2 down tubes) are bent inwards creating a narrower footplate width.

"V" Front End

V Front End is where the front end (2 down tubes) are straight, narrowing down gradually creating a "V" shape.

Yes, going C pkg will give you a more defined footrest width in 1/2" increments.

With the C pkg, your chair will have a "V" Front End. Without the C pkg, your chair will have a "Tapered" Front End.

Theres no problem with the tension adjustable by strap seat as far as I know.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Got ya

No tapered seat for me..

Yes I will get the V front end thats whats on my quickie ti... The tapered front end look bulky.. Why would one want a tapered front end?

No tapered seat for me..

Yes I will get the V front end thats whats on my quickie ti... The tapered front end look bulky.. Why would one want a tapered front end?
    Unless you have the older version of the Quickie Ti which was based on the box frame GPV, your Quickie Ti either has a tapered front frame or no taper at all. It is called "Frame Inset" in Quickie terminology and can be 0, 1, or 2 inches. Tapered front frames have what I call a "kink", V-front frames do not.

Here are a couple of links where this has been discussed previously:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...t=84763&page=2

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...t=87285&page=6

hmm

It has no kink at all. So thats frame inset? My frame is shape lke a V Front end...

It has no kink at all. So thats frame inset? My frame is shape lke a V Front end...
    So that we are all on the same page, which do you have...

The current Quickie Ti...

...or this chair which used to be called the Quickie Ti, but is now called the Quickie GPV Titanium?

I have the current quickie ti.. The one in the first pic. No box frame.

What would be the purpose/reason someone would opt for the kink/tapered front end? Benefits..

Little off-topic what type of back would you get if you want solid lumbarrr and back support? So I want sit on my sacral/tailbone area..

I transfer alot and active when neccessary. So a back lightweight to put in my car.
    I am just getting things together before i conact dme..

I found this image while looking at TiLite's ZR/ZRa brochure. The ZRa on the left does not have the C package, the ZR on the right does. This pic is a good way to compare the paths of the front frame when the seat width and footrest spacing are otherwise identical. My guess is that they both have 1.5 inches of "taper" (In TiLite speak, the means the inside width 2" above the footplate is 4” narrower than rear seat width).

With this particular configuration, appearance is probably the deciding factor for most. It is a way to pay less for tension adjustable by straps seat upholstery, however.