Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kidsstep Program - Online diary

Got a phone call from my brother to tell me my mum had a heartattack on the day before. She is doing well as anyone who has just had a heartattack can be. My family didn't want to tell me, which I understand but I feel so helpless I can't even talk to her.

Oh, no.

Sending good thoughts your way, and hers. Hang in there.

Mum is home from the hospital, she is doing well but very shaken. Sean getting over yet another UTI. Both are made of stern stuff. I got some video footage from the program to send home so I will post it in YouTube as soon as I have edited it.

Sending positive vibes for your mum and Sean. Hang tight it will all work out ok. I will keep my eye open for the YouTube video
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Hi, I just read through all your postings, and I want to say that Sean is a brave young fella, and that I hope your mom continues in her road back to health. On another note, thank you for writing about my trip to Co. Cork last month. It was a wonderful two weeks, filled with gorgeous vistas and the ever present rainbows. Our little town of Eyeries was wonderful, and we made several trips into Castletownbere for dinners and shopping. Now that I have found this thread I will keep up to date with how you are doing. All the best to you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DmTr4HpgO0

This is one of my favourite videos as I will never forget the look in Sean's eye when he saw himself standing for the first time without any braces or harness. Isn't he lovely and straight? Anyway 2 days after this session, Sean tried his little trick while on my lap and I had to employ the head to bum technique. Have one video of it but not great, will try and get a better one.

I sometimes feel self conscious about posting all this stuff and putting the videos in youtube. I have learnt so much from other people sharing their stories and I believe it is important to share information and hope. Anyway thanks to everyone for your support, I loved the comment on one of the videos where the person was going to sing the James Bond theme during their 1st Lokomat session after watching Sean's Youtube videos. Maybe we should make it a tradition for all lokomat or gait training.

Eileen - glad you enjoyed Ireland. It is a great place as long as you dress for the weather. Since it is possible to get 4 seasons in one day, you can always tell an Irish person by size of their luggage.

That was me that said I wanted to sing the James Bond song. I didn't sing it the first couple times cause I was too overwhelmed but I did sing it eventually. I was really inspired by Sean and all the people who post their videos. Keep up the good work Sean, maybe we can race down the hall someday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLekjfrZPqk

He looks like he's doing very well, especially on to standing without much support. I am very happy for your family.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAgain
    That was me that said I wanted to sing the James Bond song. I didn't sing it the first couple times cause I was too overwhelmed but I did sing it eventually. I was really inspired by Sean and all the people who post their videos. Keep up the good work Sean, maybe we can race down the hall someday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLekjfrZPqk
    Thanks AlexAgain - your on for the race - be warned Sean will have a "Q" equipped walker.

Great video and I hope your training is going well. Have you noticed any differences?
    Last edited by soimumireland; 01-22-2008 at 10:07 PM.

i have read all the posts and watched all the videos and it tears at my heart to watch this darling child working so hard and yet he is so happy! you can feel his joy as you watch the videos. from your posts it sounds like he is progressing and i pray this will continue. i am so happy that he could participate in this program and i hope that he will improve and improve and improve.

as a mother i know this must be so bittersweet, to watch him have to live with his limitations and yet to see such promise and hope. and, it must be so hard to be so far from home and family. i hope that this program will be only the start of great strides towards recovery.

i had laugh at your post about learning the new language! lol my husband of four years is from london. before i met him, i never realized that there was so much difference in the meaning of words in the english language! imagine my surprise when on our fourth date, he said, let me go put on a jumper before we go out. ?????? to me a jumper is a dress worn with a blouse underneath! so i said...you're gonna put on a jumper??? he said, yep be right back. imagine my surprise when he returned wearing a sweater! lol

humor aside, i am so happy to see your sean making such progress and i will be anxiously watching each post and rejoicing with you as he continues to improve.

tell sean to try "eye of the tiger" for his music one day, maybe he will like that one! it has a good beat too!