Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: your favorite cheese

Hmm, I love cheese. It's one of my few weaknessess.

After a hards days work I sit down with a nice glass of white wine service with roasted turkey, pepper jack cheese and green olives stuffed on a tooth pick. I enjoy this poor man's hors d'oeuvre.

J.

There are many cheeses I haven't tried, but I can't imagine I'd meet many I didn't like.

I suspect limburger cheese would make the list of cheeses I dont' care for. It's reputation alone guarantees I will never find out for sure. Maybe I'm missing out - oh well!

Debbie turns a little green when I eat blue cheese - to her it's just mold. Ahhh.. but yummy mold!

chedder or brick, YUMMY

Becky,
    Chicago
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Pepper Jack
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

swiss
    Be always determined in Life and Love

The old standbys of mozerella and medium cheddar. Marble around the holidays.

So many I haven't tried by the listings here ... although I know I dislike feta and blue cheese.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

thank you guys next week i will have a wine and cheese party...my birthday ...damn i am getting old 38.yummy........cheese and wine.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I've never tried blue cheese, I must admit it's never appealed to me. I grew up in the Wayne/Holmes Co area of Ohio, so I'm a sucker for a good swiss cheese (not all swiss cheese taste the same), Troyer's baby swiss with some Troyer's Trail Bologna, or maybe meduim sharp cheddar, colby, gouda, edam, and I guess I pretty much like cheese. You can find some good ones in the amish areas I lived around.

Although, if memory serves, I remember a small cheese factory in the country just outside of Westport, Ontario, Canada....Great cheese memories................................

In my previous life... before SCI, I was a cheesemaker at a small factory in Vermont. We made a colby and pretty much went all natural ingredients. good stuff, good place, I miss it.

http://www.crowleycheese-vermont.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtn memories
    Although, if memory serves, I remember a small cheese factory in the country just outside of Westport, Ontario, Canada....Great cheese memories................................
    Tavistock? That's the only one I can think of .. in fact we used to sell that to raise money when I was in grade school!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12