Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How tragic is this?

How tragic is this?

An off-duty sheriff's deputy went on an early morning shooting rampage at a home where seven young people had gathered for pizza and movies, killing six and critically injuring the other before authorities fatally shot him, officials said.
    http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...n-Shooting.php

Now we have law enforcement going berserk... wtf? Just sad as they were all so young.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

How the hell did a 20 year old become a sheriff's deputy and police officer? I could swear we changed the age to 21 when the drinking age was raised to 21.

Those poor families. Those poor kids. A terrible, never should happen tragedy.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I'm sure his background investigator will get a phone call. I am going to take a wild guess and say a psych exam wasn't part of the hiring process. Sounds like a small-town occurrence.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden
    I'm sure his background investigator will get a phone call. I am going to take a wild guess and say a psych exam wasn't part of the hiring process. Sounds like a small-town occurrence.
    I grew up and even tended bar in southern WI. Sheriffs may be elected but deputies have to be able to enter all drinking and/or adult entertainment establishments. Parents can take small children in family style bars but if there is adult entertainment of any kind a law enforcement officer must be of age to enter for a lot of reasons. I can see a small town police force putting off a psych eval for a part-timer but deputies are county and that area is tourist heaven in winter for cross country skiers, snow mobilers, etc. Yea, that sheriff will be grilled by the DA over hiring a 20 year old.

But even skipping his jobs why do so many men think if they can't have the girl of his dreams then she and others must die or be disfigured by acid in the face, etc.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I thought Phych exams were a given. Maybe that would be a state by state decision though. I have a sibling in the OH State patrol and the exams were pretty thorough. She had to take all of them and was just the dispatcher (been one now over 30 years).

How does someone's mind get that messed up!

I think it was a crime of passion. He doesn't look and seem mentally challenged. He knew what he was doing.

Blame society.Violence is always the answer.America needs to wake up.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    I think it was a crime of passion. He doesn't look and seem mentally challenged. He knew what he was doing.
    So the movie they were watching was his love interest banging someone else? Pizza and movies in a group do not equal a crime of passion or stalking. Todd, I have to disagree with you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton
    So the movie they were watching was his love interest banging someone else? Pizza and movies in a group do not equal a crime of passion or stalking. Todd, I have to disagree with you here.

That's what I heard too. His girlfriend broke up with him.

That is a crime of passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton
    Oh, no, Sue! That's not what I insinuated at all. I simply inferred he was angry with his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend and went to where she was to murder her.