Thread: Movies won't play..

Movies won't play..

I have my Dell laptop (Inspiron 1150) that I just use to burn movies. Here lately it's been difficult to just get it to read the movie. The movie use to just come on when you put it in the drive, but now it may take many times to get it to recognize. Instead of me sending it off, what part(s) could I order to hope to fix?

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

2jazzyjeff,

Do you use DVD Decrypter to burn your movies? If so, media center in xp will not open if decrypter is running in the background. It automatically shuts it off so that it can burn the movie properly. Just a thought....

Yes, I eventually use Decrypter but most times I can't get the computer to read the movie even b4 uploading. I have burned several hundred movies and just recently started noticing a prob with this comp. I believe it to be something wrong with that drive.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Wow, that's quite a lot of movies. It could be the dvd drive. Maybe cleaning the lens might help. I would try that first. If not check out the link below.

http://www.laptoppartsworld.com/products/26153.html