Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2060616263646566676869707172737475 LastLast

Thread: Judge A Book by It's Cover ... Books YOU are reading or have read?

Blog Entries
    I am almost finished with the third book, and should have gone to bed 2 hours ago. If you are 12, I must be 13.
    Last edited by Donno; 02-11-2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: typo
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

They are extremely addicting. And excellent. Glad to know I'm in good company.

I enjoyed the Hunger Games triology as well .. can't wait for the first film!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I can't wait for HG either. I finished all 3 books in like a week....and I got my non-reading boyfriend to read them all too! Miracles happen!
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

The trailer (not that I've watched it twenty times or so) seems to confirm that they're sticking very closely to the tone of the books, which is no small feat given how they combine a bunch of different literary genres. There, did that sound more sophisticated than "Squeeeee!"?

Read this and it really made me question nature vs nurture (I was always of the latter opinion but now I'm not so sure):
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Similar subject matter (mass school shooting fiction), but what happened before, during and after. I can't put it down.

Halfway through this:

Just finished the Fear Index. Good book to read on an airplane, entertaining but not great: http://www.amazon.com/The-Fear-Index...9027391&sr=1-1

I picked up a graphic novel at the library about Richard Feynman.
    He was a scientist who helped develop the atomic bomb and quantum electrodynamics.
    I just like graphic novels and this one made me interested in someone and something I never heard of. This was a good site just to read more about his life.

http://www.feynmanonline.com/

I also read "Elizabeth and Hazel: Two Women of Little Rock" by David Margolick.

There is a picture everyone would recognize of a young back woman in sunglasses bravely walking with a group of people sceaming at her. One of the women's contorted face of hate stands out.
    The book is their story behind the picture.
    It was good, but got repetitive and was hard to finish.