Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what should i take for constipation?

12 many - It has been a week since you posted, so I hope by now that you are getting back to normal. However, if you are still having problems, I would urge you to contact your primary care physician. Do not wait so long that you become impacted. CRF

What's Natural About 'Mild' Medicines?

I'm a T 11-12 para since I was eighteen and am sixty-one now. I have never been or felt healthier than I do now.

When I scan a thread like this, I am amazed by how far we have strayed from the basic wisdom of our hunter/gatherer ancestors.

A daily diet rich in natural living (unprocessed and uncooked; raw) foods will promote regular healthy BMs as well as providing you with a source of nutrition that cannot be equaled by any supplement or medicine. There is no alternative diet that will promote the long-term glowing health which one high in raw foods will.

Ocassional constipation (only encountered in the absence of the above) is best countered by a heavy consumption of raw foods accompanied by a few teaspoons of steel-cut flaw seed. The flax seed (cut or whole) is an extremely powerful natural laxative with its own nutritional pluses. Add a pint of warm liquid about a half hour before you want to dump and maybe a cup of coffee to boot.

End of story and of constipation

Quote Originally Posted by jukespin
    I'm a T 11-12 para since I was eighteen and am sixty-one now. I have never been or felt healthier than I do now.

When I scan a thread like this, I am amazed by how far we have strayed from the basic wisdom of our hunter/gatherer ancestors.

A daily diet rich in natural living (unprocessed and uncooked; raw) foods will promote regular healthy BMs as well as providing you with a source of nutrition that cannot be equaled by any supplement or medicine. There is no alternative diet that will promote the long-term glowing health which one high in raw foods will.

Ocassional constipation (only encountered in the absence of the above) is best countered by a heavy consumption of raw foods accompanied by a few teaspoons of steel-cut flaw seed. The flax seed (cut or whole) is an extremely powerful natural laxative with its own nutritional pluses. Add a pint of warm liquid about a half hour before you want to dump and maybe a cup of coffee to boot.

End of story and of constipation
    flax isnt a laxative,. its fiber..........i agree laxatives arent healthy at all. i dont agree w/ any bowel meds at all
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    flax isnt a laxative,. its fiber..........i agree laxatives arent healthy at all. i dont agree w/ any bowel meds at all

That's cuz your bowels work!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    That's cuz your bowels work!
    they are functional, not near what they were pre sci..its more about feeling than anything, not control.....i still get constipated, lol, its not just a crip thing
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Smile what should i take for constipation

I'll inviate everyone to visit the website of coloplast http://www.coloplast.com/ECompany/Co...e?OpenDocument . Read how to empty in an easy way the bowels. Peristeen will help to prevent constipation and faecal incontinence. I started to use almost two months ago and I reach a very satisfay level. Before I use to empty my bowel every two days with some difficultes and now I do every four days and in a very easy way.

Wink Bowel Joke?!

I'm a low level para and the following recounts a dialogue I had with a mid level quad who did his bowel routine every four days. These were real ordeals as he was alway impacted and they used to wear him out so much that he'd spend the rest of the day in bed; only getting up to make an emergency sale of pot if he had to.

jukespin: Hey Jake, you're not a bad guy - for someone who's full of s**t three quarters of the time.

Jake: Yeh, but you've got to admit - a lot of women have dug the s**t out of me.

Not a bad comeback, I thought. We're not pals anymore.

i go every 4-5 days, i have since my accident......i feel great.. constipation occasionally but no biggie... thats when my body says its time to go..sometimes every 2-3 but normally 4-5.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Ispaghula husk powder

Hey,
    This is ammu from India. I give daily bowel care. Just digital stimulation. No suppository. Absolutely no accidents as long as I take home made food.
    I take a spoon of 'refined Ispaghula husk formation' branded as 'FYBOGEL' every day mixed with water. Sugar free, fibre rich and above all natural. Try, it should do away with constipation. And, yes, be active. Good luck.
    ammu

Thumbs up Is flax seed a laxative?

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps

fuentejps, This is an excellent example of my opening proposition; if the laxative isn't a product of a pharmaceutical company (i.e. in a bottle or jar from the medicines section of the supermarket; with a prescription label on it; etc.) we have trouble seeing it as a laxative. Our nomadic hunter/gatherer forbearers had no such trouble "seeing" the realities of the foods and herbs of their world - which was our world just a few tens of millennia ago. Consider that they endured for hundreds of thousands of years before our present ancestor, following the new Cult Of The Seed (agriculture, in a fixed, nonnomadic location), gradually replaced them.

Dictionary definition of laxative:

6 entries found for laxative.

lax·a·tive ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lks-tv)

n. A food or drug that stimulates evacuation of the bowels.
    adj.

1. Stimulating evacuation of the bowels.
    2. Causing looseness or relaxation, especially of the bowels.
    Last edited by jukespin; 10-28-2005 at 02:59 AM.