Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what should i take for constipation?

what should i take for constipation?

i've been pretty constipated for the past week. i have every other day a.m bowel program. after 4 days i finally went on friday but my stomach was still kinda full. then today i couldn't go again. i've been reading all the constipation archives but i'm confused as to exactly what i should take. is milk of magnesia or magnesium citrate better? should i take senakot?

[This message was edited by 12many on 03-20-05 at 09:01 PM.]

Go get some good spicy mexican food.

Or any of the things you mentioned if you think it's that serious.

Guinness and a supersize number two

Brian
    http://bspill1.home.comcast.net/index1.html

"Boredom's not a burden Anyone should bear. Constant over stimulation numbs me and I wouldn't have It any other way."
    Maynard

dont take anything, let your body work. you start taking chemical laxatives youll just shit all over yourself. eat some mini wheats and lots of water

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

Originally posted by Bspill1:

Guinness and a supersize number two
    I dont know about the ''supersize number two'',but im down with the Guiness..Anytime i get a little backed up i'll have a beer or two before i go to bed and it seems to work,for me anyways..

~~I went to heaven,but couldnt get in for what i had done.I said ''please take me'',they said your crazy,you had to much fun~~

Since this just seems to be a problem in the past week, I would start with the mildest- don't know about the Guiness but I guess it is worth a try- coffee, is a stimulant.
    I would try an increase intake of prune juice, lots of water and fiber first.
    Have you tried a dulcolax suppository? The suppository will empty out the lower part.
    The laxative will work on more of the entire bowel. If you feel you need a laxative, try Senakot or Milk of Magnesia, or any of the more natural laxatives that are slower in action. Mag citrate is pretty strong when you drink the whole bottle.
    They can all cause cramping but especially Mag citrate.

CWO

Best advice I ever got was to work in a tablespoon of vegetable oil into your diet. I add some to peanut butter. And a small bowl of rice, oil and ranch dressing is good. It has made a big difference for me.

brian

Who are these time beings? And, why are we always doing things for them?

apple sauce,then if stillno result,try
    lactalose,10 or15 ml?,sorry not sure the
    recommended ml for lactolose

Originally posted by triedandconvicted:

apple sauce,then if stillno result,try
    lactalose,10 or15 ml?,sorry not sure the
    recommended ml for lactolose
    i thought applesauce produced no waste its part of the BRAT diet
    Banana
    Rice
    Applesauce
    Toast
    but everyone is different

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

Fuen,ap sauce is fibre its part of the BP recipe from hell got it in Rehab,mix 1/3 prune juice,1/3 kellog bran and 1/3 ap sauce;take 2 tblsp 1/2 hr after meal.its gross but does help.