Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: standing bad for high quads??

standing has made my balance much better,i dont agree with them

Is standing beneficial for quads with condom catheters? In other words, will the upright position and decreased spasticity ensure better or reduced emptying of the bladder?

Question standing

What are you calling a high quad?
    Jake's Pop

every sci should stande. soooooooo important. im 20 years post and have stood since rehab. at the very least every other day.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

standing

Just as a reminder to everyone I do work for the standing wheelchair Co.
    But I have been a user of my superstand since 1995, and I have a C5 level injury. I am so glad that I have had this opportunity to stand as I have had little or none of the problems associated with wheelchair life. I would tell any doctor to his face that he's crazy to think that standing has not helped me. There is a publication in The Rehabilitation Society of Northern America that describes the health benefits of frequent standing in a standing wheelchair.
    And to think. I also had a doctor that asked me why I would want to stand. Even though I can't. Boy am I glad, I didn't listen to him.

I try to get in my standing frame or at least three times a week... helps a lot with spasms, and I seem to have less nerve pain afterwards, especially in my legs.

It's also nice to be able to do little weight lifting while standing up again... especially curls, shrugs, and
    lateral raises
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

now that i have confidence in new caregiver i am back to standing an hr a day ride my fes and hr a day.