Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving downloaded music..

Moving downloaded music..

I use Limewire Pro to download music. I need to know how to import it into iTunes so I can load it to a iPod. Thanks

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

You should be able to find the folder with the MP3s and drag and drop them directly into iTunes.
    Daniel

Yup, worked like a champ, thanks Dan.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Ok, maybe I spoke too early. The file will drop in iTunes, but there are random exclamation points besides random songs now. I have dropped 2 songs and there are 18 exclamations!!! What do they mean?

The exclamations mean the song has been moved into another folder or been deleted. Thus the songs cannot be found or no longer exist. Just locate the song in its folder within iTunes and the program will recognize the file again.

Even if the box is still checked? Any ideas on why my dragging/dropping from my files are causing this?

Are there "special" characters in the filename or path?
    Daniel

Jeff,

Instead of dragging and droppping do the following:
    go to Tools Then options in lime wire pro
    then go to Player, make sure the Use Limewire media player is unchecked.

Then make sure iTunes is the default player for mp3/audio files.

Now when a download is finished just double click the song in Limewire and it will automatically open up iTunes and play the song, once this happens the song is automatically added to your iTunes libarary.

an alternative method is to go into iTunes and click File/Add Folder to Library, then just find out where Limewire is storing all the downloaded files and point iTunes to this directory. That way anytime you download a file, iTunes will automatically update its library based on the directory you pointed it to.

My iTunes stores my downloaded songs in the following directory:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Shared

<user> being whatever your user name is on windows, mine is Mr. Coffee
    C:\Documents and Settings\Mr.Coffee\Shared
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    Even if the box is still checked? Any ideas on why my dragging/dropping from my files are causing this?
    The box being checked has nothing to do that. The checks are for syncing your iPod with songs if you option to only have checked items on your iPod.

My only guess as to why your files are moving is that iPod moves your songs in its designated folder if you've chosen for iTunes to organize your music files.

iTunes is a smart bastard and if you've optioned to have it do a lot for you (not manually), you're going to notice it keeps things meticulously.

Just open up a new folder in my documents,Then drag the downloads into that folder from limewire,open up the downloaded songs once they are in the folder.Then you wont have any problems. Make sure you dont open the download before you put them in the folder or you'll get the exclamation mark the next time you want to play it.
    I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past, so one way to get the most out of life is to look at it as an adventure.